Anyone Here Carry S.O.B?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

p7fl wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:54 pm Are you right or left handed?
Right handed grip up, it would seem like you have to sweep yourself to present the pistol?
You have it backwards.

Take the normal right side draw 3:00 position.

Now push the holster around to 6:00 with the barrel aligned with the crack of your ass.

Now turn the gun and holster so the barrel is somewhat pointing towards your left butt cheek. (I hope this butt talk isn't getting Rent all worked up!)

Now draw.

The gun comes out to your right and cleanly clears your body with no sweeping of any kind.

Now try it like the baby, AKA the backwards Hollywood method.

First you have to turn your hand around so your palm is facing out before grasping the gun, then after clearing the holster you have to turn your hand back to the more natural position before coming around your right hip making it almost impossible to avoid pointing the gun at your body.

Try it and see.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

The last time I carried sob was when my kids were little and The Lion King first came out ....I had just bought a brand new Sig P220 in stainless and had it sob I hopped out of our minivan and the thing went skipping across the parking lot....I cried the entire movie just not at the end , kids kept asking what was wrong.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

TC6969 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:58 pm
p7fl wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:54 pm Are you right or left handed?
Right handed grip up, it would seem like you have to sweep yourself to present the pistol?
You have it backwards.

Take the normal right side draw 3:00 position.

Now push the holster around to 6:00 with the barrel aligned with the crack of your ass.

Now turn the gun and holster so the barrel is somewhat pointing towards your left butt cheek. (I hope this butt talk isn't getting Rent all worked up!)

Now draw.
Re-holster. Now, pretend your strong side arm or hand is unusable or unavailable because it's broken, shot, stabbed, or just being used to stiff arm some crack head who's trying to gouge out your eyes with a screw driver.

Reach around and draw with your off-side hand.

Go ahead . . .

We'll wait . . .

. . .

. . .

And that's why I don't carry S.O.B.
See - it has nothing to do with sitting comfortably.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Odessaman wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:44 pm

And that's why I don't carry S.O.B.
See - it has nothing to do with sitting comfortably.
My point exactly!

I would never in a million years handicap myself like that, but Hollywood has everyone convinced that that is the way all the cool guys do it.

What got me started was an episode of the closer that I saw yesterday where Brenda Leigh had to get her Glock out to show someone and actually put it back correctly.

That was the ONLY time I've ever seen someone on TV not put a gun in SOB and not do it upside down.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

If I had the dexterity to draw SOB, I'd join Cirque Sulei...however it's spelled...
aka: Dolfan