Florida Noise Law?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

SteyrAUG wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:15 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 pm

Yeah when dickfaces are putting up sky bombs in residential neighborhoods that set off car alarms for 2 blocks at 3am I get pretty pissed.
And how often does that happen, compared to Florida's noise maker the thunder storm?
In redneckville? pretty much all Junaugust.

And I KNEW you were gonna try and equate it with thunderstorms and that's retarded. That's like me saying it's ok to test out my taser on you because lightning strikes happen like all the time so what's the difference?

Of course the difference is natural occurrences which typically don't have the frequency of a dedicated neckbeard with $1000 of professional grade fireworks and natural occurrences eventually end, unlike Junaugust aka fireworks season.

I rather enjoyed it this year, a few locals got started a day or two before the fourth and a few days after but there weren't any sky bombs and I thought to fireworks displays were really nice. They also seemed to stop at around 11pm.

My rednecks must be abnormal then, 'cause they rarely shutoff 'skybombs' outside of the 4th and New Years. Yeah they may do a brief rehearsal a day or two before. Their displays save me from having to fight traffic in town for fireworks.

Retarded? Why the insults?

:lol:
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

SteyrAUG wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 pm I rather enjoyed it this year, a few locals got started a day or two before the fourth and a few days after but there weren't any sky bombs and I thought to fireworks displays were really nice. They also seemed to stop at around 11pm.
Here in my current neighborhood there's lots of older folks, and a few younger ones.
The noise inclined younger residents tested their fireworks the day before, and on the 4th they started around 8 and ended around 10.
Very polite display of patriotism in my opinion.

Some folks love & embrace noise, others not so much.
I personally lean towards quiet .

YMMV
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I give a pass to bikers, classic 'Merican muscle cars (modern too) and celebrating our country's independence.
No decimal meter required for any of the above.
aka: Dolfan
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I live about 100 feet from a 4-lane local street without any sound barrier, and the most annoying thing by far is idiots driving crotch rockets 80mph in a 35 at midnight. And I ain't never seen any cop go after them...
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:18 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:20 pm I rather enjoyed it this year, a few locals got started a day or two before the fourth and a few days after but there weren't any sky bombs and I thought to fireworks displays were really nice. They also seemed to stop at around 11pm.
Here in my current neighborhood there's lots of older folks, and a few younger ones.
The noise inclined younger residents tested their fireworks the day before, and on the 4th they started around 8 and ended around 10.
Very polite display of patriotism in my opinion.

Some folks love & embrace noise, others not so much.
I personally lean towards quiet .

YMMV
I'm actually good with the noise, it's when it's still going strong at 3 am that I have a problem.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:46 am One of the Top 10 reasons I left Florida. Between the boom cars, the harley retards and the "my muscle car don't need mufflers" all in a residential area doing that shit at 2am.
I now live in a nicer house on one of the quietest streets I've ever not heard. Sometimes I'm the loudest neighbor when I walk my dogs at 2 am.
Did'nt know you boogied.
So what state did you move to?
If you dont mind sharing that info.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:46 pm
SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:46 am One of the Top 10 reasons I left Florida. Between the boom cars, the harley retards and the "my muscle car don't need mufflers" all in a residential area doing that shit at 2am.
I now live in a nicer house on one of the quietest streets I've ever not heard. Sometimes I'm the loudest neighbor when I walk my dogs at 2 am.
Did'nt know you boogied.
So what state did you move to?
If you dont mind sharing that info.
Marshalltown, Iowa. And it's because my family comes from Iowa so I have some friends and family here still.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Iowa is on my shortlist if FL gets too bad. My dad was from Iowa, born Ft. Dodge, grew up in Greenfield. No family there any more, they went to NM. The winter may be a concern. Otherwise I know IA to be one of the nicer places, except maybe the millennials in Des Moines.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:35 pm Iowa is on my shortlist if FL gets too bad. My dad was from Iowa, born Ft. Dodge, grew up in Greenfield. No family there any more, they went to NM. The winter may be a concern. Otherwise I know IA to be one of the nicer places, except maybe the millennials in Des Moines.

Cost of living vs. Income potential ruled Des Moines out, but I was looking to get away from urban living anyway.