Florida Noise Law?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Wakko wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:35 am
rentprop1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:12 pm Loud pipes save lives!
NO riding responsibly does
Both do. Horns on bikes are essentially worthless, and some folks are absolutely clueless to the presence of motorcycles. My old Dyna had straight pipes when I got it and I could see people look for me on the highway way before I got there. I did end up installing mufflers, as my hearing is important, but the bike is by no means quiet. To be fair to my neighbors, when I ride it I start it up and try to get it out of the neighborhood as quickly and at low RPM as possible. Of course, there are plenty of bikers that rev it up and get on it when they leave residential areas, and those guys are jackwagons.
And as usual, it's the jackwagons who F it up for everyone. My favorite is the stop sign convention of 6 or more bikers who sit at the corner of one of their homes and rev their shit for 20 minutes while they talk about whatever happened yesterday.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Do y'all cry about fireworks on Independence Day?
joel

Post by joel »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 am Do y'all cry about fireworks on Independence Day?
I do !
I don't mind "the rocket's red glare" but I do mind the "bursting in air" non-stop for hours.

I have six dogs, some of whom HATE fireworks and we have to put on..
The TVs
A Radio
A couple of fans
A white noise machine

So, YES, I do cry at the 4th of July, New Year's Eve, etc
(when all the adult adolescents see how much they can blow up)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

joel wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:42 am
P5 Guy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:11 am Do y'all cry about fireworks on Independence Day?
I do !
I don't mind "the rocket's red glare" but I do mind the "bursting in air" non-stop for hours.

I have six dogs, some of whom HATE fireworks and we have to put on..
The TVs
A Radio
A couple of fans
A white noise machine

So, YES, I do cry at the 4th of July, New Year's Eve, etc
(when all the adult adolescents see how much they can blow up)
That's a purely on you thing. You chose to have six dogs, some of whom are sensitive to fireworks. A national holiday isn't going to just stop because your animals are afraid.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 am
And as usual, it's the jackwagons who F it up for everyone. My favorite is the stop sign convention of 6 or more bikers who sit at the corner of one of their homes and rev their shit for 20 minutes while they talk about whatever happened yesterday.
thats an easy fix, the main jackwagon gets a 10 lb box of roofing nails strewn about his driveway and a note explaining why.....saying have your other jackwagon buddies help you pick this up, and explain it will happen over and over again until the jackwagon fest stops
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I find that with just a little effort I'm able to put up with fireworks for TWO NIGHTS every year!

Fart cans and life saving however are 24/7/365.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Yeah when dickfaces are putting up sky bombs in residential neighborhoods that set off car alarms for 2 blocks at 3am I get pretty pissed.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:15 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 am
thats an easy fix, the main jackwagon gets a 10 lb box of roofing nails strewn about his driveway and a note explaining why.....saying have your other jackwagon buddies help you pick this up, and explain it will happen over and over again until the jackwagon fest stops
So what happens when his daughter goes to walk the dog and ends up with a nail in her foot? Too non specific and it shouldn't have to come to me messing with property to make a point. But should it come to that, it will be a lot more than some roofing nails and it will be directed specifically at the problem person.

Got tired of playing that game because I was grossly outnumbered by the fucktard contingent of south Florida so it was easier to sell my house and move to place where people mostly know how to act.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 pm

Yeah when dickfaces are putting up sky bombs in residential neighborhoods that set off car alarms for 2 blocks at 3am I get pretty pissed.
And how often does that happen, compared to Florida's noise maker the thunder storm?
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:15 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 pm

And how often does that happen, compared to Florida's noise maker the thunder storm?
In redneckville? pretty much all Junaugust.

And I KNEW you were gonna try and equate it with thunderstorms and that's retarded. That's like me saying it's ok to test out my taser on you because lightning strikes happen like all the time so what's the difference?

Of course the difference is natural occurrences which typically don't have the frequency of a dedicated neckbeard with $1000 of professional grade fireworks and natural occurrences eventually end, unlike Junaugust aka fireworks season.

I rather enjoyed it this year, a few locals got started a day or two before the fourth and a few days after but there weren't any sky bombs and I thought to fireworks displays were really nice. They also seemed to stop at around 11pm.