May need to relocate to Miami area in our RV

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

If you're planning on spending any time in a state or county park the time to book something is NOW!

I have to check in once every 40 days or so to dump my black water tank, and this time of year they are packed full of snow birds and sometimes completely sold out.

Luckily I found one place that lets me pay a dump fee and get it done but I was turned away several times last year from full parks with waiting lists for campsites.

The experienced snowbirds have reservations all over and as soon as they stay the limit at one, they are already booked at another one and keep them tied up all winter.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

FINAL UPDATE: I went to the new office today, and it turns out that it’s NOT on Dodge Island, but rather Pembroke Pines, right at the intersection of I-75 and FL-820. As such, I looked and found a nice RV Resort in Naples right at the intersection of Collier Rd and I-75 (west end of Alligator Alley).

I’ve made this commute across Alligator Alley many, many times in the past and it’s a leisurely ride. I’m going to begin moving down immediately after Thanksgiving (2 RVs, a boat and a jet ski) and be fully moved in 1 December.

Thanks for all the feedback.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Congratulations.
BIG JOE
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Man that’s awesome. I made a similar commute to Bonita Springs from Miami back early 80s. I’m very familiar with that intersection. You also have many options on hopping on I-75, like Hwy 29 to save tolls or time depending on accidents.

That’s a nice commute crossing the glades.
You have time to de-stress. Just make sure you have nice sun visors.
aka: Dolfan
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Congrats! Just an FYI....FL 820 is Pines Blvd. CB Smith park is also on FL 820/Pines Blvd....2 minutes from I-75....90 minutes on the road each way...daily!
TACC

Post by TACC »

Additionally, Markham park has a campground also if you need one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Joecruiser wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:33 pm Man that’s awesome. I made a similar commute to Bonita Springs from Miami back early 80s. I’m very familiar with that intersection. You also have many options on hopping on I-75, like Hwy 29 to save tolls or time depending on accidents.

That’s a nice commute crossing the glades.
You have time to de-stress. Just make sure you have nice sun visors.
Thanks Joe. The “de-stress” is a nice feature of it. To me it’s a very relaxing drive. Enjoy my coffee on the way over, and unwind on the way home.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Timing is everything. So glad I sold when I did. Now all I gotta do is not die LOL.

“Baby boomers may put 'tidal wave' of 21M homes on market -- but who will buy them?”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/baby- ... l-buy-them
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I’ve been back now for a week. We’re staying in Naples. I’m right at exit 101 at the west-end tolls. The commute is 1 hour 30 minutes each way. It’s a very easy trip. I leave around 7:30 - 8:00 am and have a relaxing cup of coffee. I’ve discovered that my best mileage is 17 mpg at 70 mph with my F350 DRW. It’s a good trip for the truck as it’s all highway driving. I encounter no traffic until about the last 5 miles or so near exit 14. I get off at exit 9 so it’s not bad at all. The return trip home is equally easy. It’s 192 miles round trip.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

For that mileage you should be getting $1000 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk