May need to relocate to Miami area in our RV

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

The train is super cool...I've done it on a weekend just to check it out.
Problem is Darwin pedestrians and vehicles keep getting in the Cho cho's way.

Miami is not as bad as its played out...we've been voted sexiest city in the world for crying g out loud.
Figure on paying min $1,500/month for a 2br apt in a decent hood.

Miami is not a RV friendly place.
aka: Dolfan
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:47 pm I pee in his weeds every time I visit the Capt :mrgreen:
Well that's acceptable....just don't spray any paraquat on them weeds...
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am I have a pretty big yard in WPB that you can park your RV I could provide power, waste hookup no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would love to take you up on your offer, but I’m so full of shit I have to dump the black tank daily :D
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

rentprop1 wrote:I pee in his weeds every time I visit the Capt :mrgreen:
It’s been awhile since you’ve been here, I don’t think you can squat over my cactus anymore...Image

Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

tcpip95 wrote:
Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 am I have a pretty big yard in WPB that you can park your RV I could provide power, waste hookup no.

Would love to take you up on your offer, but I’m so full of shit I have to dump the black tank daily :D
Welcome to the club...

REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Joecruiser wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:54 pm The train is super cool...I've done it on a weekend just to check it out.
Problem is Darwin pedestrians and vehicles keep getting in the Cho cho's way.

Miami is not as bad as its played out...we've been voted sexiest city in the world for crying g out loud.
Figure on paying min $1,500/month for a 2br apt in a decent hood.

Miami is not a RV friendly place.
Interesting you should mention that about Miami. I eliminated it (especially of Miami as a city) from my list of potential move locations because of all the “shithole” stories. I’ll keep it on, then. Won’t be for a year or so, until some things are finished, then it’ll be a 1 br anyway. Meanwhile it’ll be closer to pinellas until I see how much I’ll have to show up for legal proceedings.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
George W

Post by George W »

I'm going to assume you're going to be contracting at Carnival.... If so, it's a pretty easy shot down on 27 from better parts north towards Okeechobee. I was down there a few months ago. Coming south on 27, then east to Carnival was pretty easy.
Last edited by George W on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I've had some time now to look at the map, and Juno Beach is looking interesting to me. I would have about a 30 minute commute to Brightline station in WPB, and 1:15 minute train ride in. Once at the Miami station, it's a short Uber ride (or walk) to Dodge Island.

Anybody familiar with Juno Beach? It looks really nice. Also, is Jensen Beach too much of a stretch? It's about one hour north of WPB, so I'm guessing it's going to be too far out over the long run.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Do you really want a 4 hour round trip commute?? I'd leave the RV and get a room wothin a 1/2 hour commute.
tector

Post by tector »

That is one hell of a commute.

Any consequences to being late? The longer the commute, the more that go wrong on any given day (accident on the tracks, etc.)
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”