May need to relocate to Miami area in our RV

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I was going to suggest CB...but max stay I believe is a month...then you either acquire another spot...if available, and move your rig. The commute on a good day will easily be an hour by car...not towing.

We're comming into the season....the snowbird RVers have already scarffed up the choice campgrounds.

I'm very familiar with most state and Fed parks in FL but not KOAs or RV parks, but I'm going to assume your best bet is in Broward County.
Last edited by Joecruiser on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka: Dolfan
photohause

Post by photohause »

I've Ben out of Broward for six years, but, an hour commute to Miami Post? Maybe if you're working nights. Are you going to have another vehicle ?
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

If you boogie in the express lanes of 95, like I szid, on a good day...you can do it, at a price.
OP mentioned a job contracting...if he doesn't need a truck/tools...he can Tri Rail or the Brightline...straight to the port.
He has a 5th wheel, so he has to have a dually...that'll suck in heavy traffic
aka: Dolfan
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Cruise ships are docked at Dodge Island.
There are no mass transit transportation into Dodge Island. Bayside is about the closes you can get to Dodge Island and from there to where ships are can be a long walk...more than one mile to some of the Carnival ships at the east end of the island.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I'll be driving my F350 DRW or a Nissan Armada. I'll be working out of their corporate office for the most part.

I can see now that a 1-hour commute is probably out of the question. I'll probably opt for Tri Rail, which would would allow me to work on the commute (although Brightline looks very appealing).

How safe (dangerous) is Tri Rail? Brightline?
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Where is the corporate office you will be working at? If you need to get on Dodge Island Bright line will get you close. Still not close enough.
Last edited by BIG JOE on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG JOE
tector

Post by tector »

tcpip95 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 pm I'll be driving my F350 DRW or a Nissan Armada. I'll be working out of their corporate office for the most part.

I can see now that a 1-hour commute is probably out of the question. I'll probably opt for Tri Rail, which would would allow me to work on the commute (although Brightline looks very appealing).

Tri Rail is fine, but I presume you mean that to the Metrorail then south. That goes through some cheesey areas.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

tector wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 am
tcpip95 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 pm I'll be driving my F350 DRW or a Nissan Armada. I'll be working out of their corporate office for the most part.

Tri Rail is fine, but I presume you mean that to the Metrorail then south. That goes through some cheesey areas.
I’m thinking now of moving to the WPB area; driving to the WPB railway station then commuting via rail down to Miami. Is WPB a good area to live? I read this and it’s pretty scary.

https://www.areavibes.com/west+palm+beach-fl/crime/
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tcpip95 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 am
tector wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:50 am

I’m thinking now of moving to the WPB area; driving to the WPB railway station then commuting via rail down to Miami. Is WPB a good area to live? I read this and it’s pretty scary.

https://www.areavibes.com/west+palm+beach-fl/crime/
There are sheet-hole pockets in West Palm, but for the most part, it's perfectly fine.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

CB Smith is a great park in a great area! Has a two level driving range also (if you’re into that), mall/movie theater and one of the best hospital systems (Memorial)across the street to the east, Walmart across the street to the south, outdoor gun range (Markham) 15 minutes, bj’s and Costco within 5 minutes and with no traffic, 30 or so minutes from the port. From CB Smith to the port, it’s showing a 57 minute drive door to door now. I don’t think you’d be disappointed in the area!