SCOTUS decision is crazy

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

5 pro-government lawyers in nightgowns dictating the “proper” interpretation of the U.S. Constitution for 330 million citizens...
What could go wrong there?
Taco

Post by Taco »

To again clarify, the decision was that firearm manufacturer immunity (passed when activist law firms were recruiting crime victim families to litigate any and all suits in an attempt to bankrupt US firearms manufacturers) does not create immunity for any advertising they may do- use your imagination, they could run ads that say or picture anything. There has been no damages awarded, no guilt found, and the high court didn't even rule- they differed.

Now that the question is answered (at least for now), suits can be brought against firearms companies if advertising done by the companies caused violence. Keep in mind, all the courts have said 'I guess you can sue, but how would you prove?' in their opinions. It is likely going to be lots of wasted time, and if it becomes harassment lawsuits, perhaps the courts may modify the interpretation- as the law was designed to prevent frivolous and expensive suits against the firearms manufacturers.
Allme

Post by Allme »

CaptBarty wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 am
Allme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 am Oh yeah, we need to get the right people in the SCOTUS... Yep, that worked didn't it? (eye roll)...
Unfortunately, you’re right. I’m remembering Souter, as just one example. And, I had concerns about Kavanaugh, with Souter in mind, which may yet prove your point. He got favor because of the circus of a hearing. Makes me want to dust off my tinfoil hat.
Man is unfit to rule man.