Best route through Miami with a BIG boat ....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

Best route through Miami with a BIG boat ....

Post by TonyR »

I'm just west of Daytona and plan on hitting I-95 south and need to know the easiest route in Miami. Need to keep it on interstate,will be pulling a 39' boat on a triple axle alum. trailer,? trailer 40 + feet,pulling with a 4X4 crewcab dually longbed, headed to Marathon,trying to leave here early on a Sunday morning. Someone here knows all the roads down there,which way should I go ?

Don't plan on making any stops in that area ,unless I offer up a mule service for people here.Thanks...
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

probably do it at 3 am....or plan on putting brakes on truck and trailer after trip.....lol :mrgreen:
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

There are no "best routes" or shortcuts when transiting Myjammi. Take the Turnpike..and stay in the far right lane...please. ;)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

That's San Mi Jami. There are no good routes for where you need to get to. Fuel that truck and be in it at 3:00 AM. Get on the turnpike as soon as you can. When you get to Florida City all bets are off. Good luck and get there safe.2 drivers would help.
BIG JOE
tector

Post by tector »

Sunday morning the Turnpike should be fine, but check and see if there is a football game that Sunday.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
MARK

Post by MARK »

All the above advice is good. I've often done it on Saturday's (the earlier the better) getting off I-95 and on to the Turnpike near Ft. Pierce and getting off to US1 near Homestead. So a Sunday morning heading into the Keys sure beats leaving the Keys on Sunday as the traffic will be heavy Northbound. By that I mean leaving early Saturday to come back would surely beat doing it on Sunday.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I would stay away from I-95 once you get into Broward county and stay away from US-1 in Miami-Dade.
I would come down I-95 to Deerfield Beach then cross over to Turnpike...then Turnpike Extension at Dade-Broward all the way down to Florida City. From there you have US-1 going south to Key West.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Might as well cross over from I-95 to the Turnpike at Indian Rd, in Jupiter, where they are a half mile apart. GARY
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Tony i live in palm beach and make this trip a few times a year to big pine. I take turnpike and then take the sawgrass. From there when it ends its turns into i75 south. Take that and then take exit 5 which is the homestead extension. The traffic that you cannot avoid is from 40st "birdroad" to about 152 street. That area is always under construction and you will have traffic most of the day there. But if you are in that area after 9am it will be smooth sailing. Its about a 4 to 5 hour trip for us. Hope this helps
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

its probably $ 105 one way with the tolls on 5 axles tho....lol