Best route through Miami with a BIG boat ....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
RyanHK21EOwner

Post by RyanHK21EOwner »

If you want to save on tolls and add only a little extra time with traveling with the Dually + 39’ Boat ~

Hook up to HWY 27 in the central part of the state and head south all the way to Krome Avenue...

Take Krome Avenue south into Florida City / Homestead area that connects to US1 leading into the Florida Keys ~

I’ve done this route before to bypass heavy traffic and tolls...
The Storm is coming on the Horizon...
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

In his circumstances I’d be careful about that. I used to take that route when going diving in the Keys, but I was just driving an Expedition, no trailer. As I recall, that joined US1 a bit south of the end of the turnpike, and there was a very sharp turn joining 1. Though I have towed a few boats, none were that long. I was going to suggest this same route, but thought of that issue and the possibility of low hanging wires across Krome. Depends how high the boat is

Whichever way the op goes, good luck.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Krome has been widened from Tamiami Trail South...it's very safe now. Like Ryan said, it's the preferred trucker route. Free!
aka: Dolfan
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That’s good to know. It’s been a few years since I’ve been down there. I’d go along with your recommendation then.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

RyanHK21EOwner wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm If you want to save on tolls and add only a little extra time with traveling with the Dually + 39’ Boat ~

Hook up to HWY 27 in the central part of the state and head south all the way to Krome Avenue...

Take Krome Avenue south into Florida City / Homestead area that connects to US1 leading into the Florida Keys ~

I’ve done this route before to bypass heavy traffic and tolls...
This was the route my friends' and I would take when we'd tow boats down from Polk County area. I'm not sure where the best area to "jump over" from the Turnpike or I95 would be, but it wasn't a bad hauling drive.