AR-15 Evened the playing field

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ss1

AR-15 Evened the playing field

Post by ss1 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-preg ... 5-burglary

In our own back yard. Kudos for the pregnant mom to learn how to use the rifle proficiently. This should teach America that the carbine is indeed a great defense weapon. Odds are it will never make it on CNN.
A Florida woman who was eight-months pregnant and came out wielding an AR-15 rifle reportedly saved her husband and pre-teen daughter last week from a pair of violent intruders who'd broken into the family's home — with the gun-toting matriarch fatally striking one of the men, who was later found dead in a nearby ditch.

Jeremy King was at his home in Lithia, 25 miles southeast of Tampa, at 9 p.m. Wednesday night when two armed men, wearing masks and hoods, broke inside.

"As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter,” King told Bay News 9. “I’m telling them, ‘I have nothing for you,' and they’re like, ‘Give me everything you got.’ It became real violent, real fast.”

King said one of the burglars pistol-whipped him and another kicked him in the head, creating a commotion that attracted the attention of his wife, who walked into the room to see what the noise was — and soon found herself dodging a bullet.

The woman, who was not identified, reportedly retreated and grabbed an AR-15 that was legally inside their house, returning to the room and shooting the intruders, hitting one of them.

“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King said of his wife. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”

The man was later found dead in the ditch, according to the news outlet. The other burglar fled when his friend was shot.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me," King said, noting he suffered a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity and a concussion, and needed "20 stitches and three staples in my head."

Neither of the intruders was publicly identified by authorities.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Why were the intruders not publicly identified?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

TACC wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm Why were the intruders not publicly identified?

Insert minority here.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Wow...awesome. kudos to the wife and hubby, for I'm sure he bought the AR and trained the Mrs.
She's a keeper! !!
Now if only "mainstream media" were to report and discuss this case.
aka: Dolfan
playswithstyrene

Post by playswithstyrene »

Skoll wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:18 pm
TACC wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm Why were the intruders not publicly identified?

Insert minority here.
It's Hillsborough. :| They're one of the "woke" counties of Floriduh (thanks to mass migration of yankee commies from the northeast), like Dade, Broward, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Leon, Duval & Palm Beach. :roll: :lol:
Who farted?!?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

ss1 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am .......Odds are it will never make it on CNN.
I was wrong. :shock:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/04/us/flori ... index.html
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

" by shooting one of the intruders with a semiautomatic rifle"

Notice how they don't ID the rifle as being an AR! Wouldn't want anyone to think someone actually used an AR for something GOOD!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

GunsandHoses wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 pm " by shooting one of the intruders with a semiautomatic rifle"

Notice how they don't ID the rifle as being an AR! Wouldn't want anyone to think someone actually used an AR for something GOOD!
They corrected the article. The original was talking about an "automatic rifle" then they corrected it to "semiautomatic rifle".

and of course, I couldn't shut up, so

lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

CNN can suck a big bag of D&^ks. LOL
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.