Indoor Shooting Range Removal?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Mragu

Indoor Shooting Range Removal?

Post by Mragu »

We represent the owner of a 130' two lane rifle rated (below .50 BMG) indoor shooting range manufactured by Shooting Range Industries, LLC http://www.shootingrangeindustries.com/ ... solutions/ The owner is looking to move the range and possibly sell it. I am not disguising a want to sell ad here. We need advice from the members about how to remove it. It has three 30' sections plus the shooting station and trap sections. It does come apart into 5 sections. It apparently weighs a 45k pounds. It will require a substantial crane and four flat bed trucks. Has anyone dealt with the installation or removal of this type of structure? Any contractors do this work? Any help would be appreciated.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Seems like you already know the answer...you reverse the order it was installed..
Seriously,
I believe you're limited to 40' flatbeds, unless you get a DOT permit and abide by their regs.

Like you wrote, break it down and load them up. You're not going to need a substantial crane.
What you have weighs a little bit more than an empty shipping container.

A track hoe excavator or maybe even a back hoe or a skid steer,....has to have reach,,,,some good old hand tools, some hoisting straps, a 6 pack of strappling young stud Rednecks, some $$$$$ for said Rednecks and of course, BEER!

Lotzabeer!!....and vola.....moved!!!
Problem solved.
aka: Dolfan
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Who installed the range? I would stat their.
BIG JOE
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Going to need a crane and a couple of 35’+ flatbed trailers, plenty of people doing hotshot with gooseneck trailers that big around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

There are many machinery movers here in Florida that specialize in moving entire facilities and machines . When we sold our large machine shop the company that bought it came in with a moving company that disassembled the entire shop/ warehouse that had 18 large commercial machines. They spent a week and brought 12 guys,flatbed trucks, cranes and lifts. I think it was Floyd and Doyle equipment movers? Do a search
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
Mragu

Post by Mragu »

Thanks for the valuable input (except the welding torch-LOL). We will have to see what they want to do and when they want to get rid of it. The tip on the mover is welcomed. Again, thanks.