New car blues

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Ger42

New car blues

Post by Ger42 »

We bought a 2019 Toyota Rav4 Saturday today while on her way to work today while applying her lipstick she dropped it on the cloth seat. Image
joel

Post by joel »

How to Remove Lipstick from Clothing Using Hairspray
Spray the hairspray onto the lipstick stain.
Allow the hairspray to sit on the lipstick stain for up to 15 minutes.
Take a clean cloth and dip in warm water.
Wipe the hairspray off the stain with the cloth.
Wash the fabric as usual.

How to Remove Lipstick Stain Using Rubbing Alcohol
Take a cotton ball or clean white cloth and dampen it with rubbing alcohol.
Blot the stain with the alcohol to remove the lipstick stains from clothing. ...
Once you have blotted the stain, rinse out the alcohol with cool water.
Wash the fabric as usual.
Last edited by joel on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Good luck on finding a replacement wife.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

You may get good results by going to your dealership and talking with them. They usually have some cool tricks to remove stains.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

A friend of ours was driving his wife's new Lexus to get it washed, three days after they bought it. He tried to beat the train, didn't make it, then stopped under the gate. The gate slammed down on the hood and bounced all over it. He took it straight over to the dealer, and told the sales guy "I can't believe you sold me a car with a great big dent in the hood!" He went home and told his wife he was getting the car washed and they found the dent.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

If it were me, I would not try removing the stain myself. I find that I inevitably would make it look much, much worse and perhaps impossible for a professional to remove. I agree with calling dealers and see who they recommend. Usually there are mobile interior repair places that can fix it like it never happened. Worth every cent over making it look worse.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I agree with Flame Red but a good auto detailer can work wonders, dealer not required.
Yota has a reputation for excellent quality seat materials.

Their leather not so good....some Lexus had dash cracking and even melting issues.
Oh, keep the wife...pay no never mind to Skol
aka: Dolfan
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:19 pm A friend of ours was driving his wife's new Lexus to get it washed, three days after they bought it. He tried to beat the train, didn't make it, then stopped under the gate. The gate slammed down on the hood and bounced all over it. He took it straight over to the dealer, and told the sales guy "I can't believe you sold me a car with a great big dent in the hood!" He went home and told his wife he was getting the car washed and they found the dent.
That’s why when ever I deliver a new vehicle, I insist the customer inspects the car with me, & then signs the form stating there is ZERO damage. Some will just be lazy, & go to sign, but I insist we both inspect the car before any signatures. GARY.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

wjbarricklow wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:19 pm A friend of ours was driving his wife's new Lexus to get it washed, three days after they bought it. He tried to beat the train, didn't make it, then stopped under the gate. The gate slammed down on the hood and bounced all over it. He took it straight over to the dealer, and told the sales guy "I can't believe you sold me a car with a great big dent in the hood!" He went home and told his wife he was getting the car washed and they found the dent.
Your friend has an integrity issue.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Wakko wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 pm
Your friend has an integrity issue.
I cant keep a straight face while doing that. But if i could i would do the same damm thing lol. :lol: