Glock Finger Strikes Again...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I may be wrong but I thought you just couldn't have it laying next to you ?? either on or about your person or securely encased ??
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 am That guy was a real trouper the way he walked it off, though.
Holy crap, someone that actually used the correct spelling of trouper. Cheers.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am I may be wrong but I thought you just couldn't have it laying next to you ?? either on or about your person or securely encased ??
Correct. Sorta. "Concealed" could mean under a dish towel.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

When I get off of work, I usually just take the holster off my belt and put the gun on my passenger seat while I drive home. Safariland QLS is a wonderful thing.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Drop the word "only" and the statement would be correct.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Taco

Post by Taco »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 am I may be wrong but I thought you just couldn't have it laying next to you ?? either on or about your person or securely encased ??
Not lawyer, not legal advice, read Gutmachers book.

If you are licensed, you have two sets of laws that protect you, carry laws and vehicle transport laws. You need to be legal under one, but completely under one- no mixing and matching allowed. So, it must be readily accessible and concealed (One of those tricky words, but laying next to you sounds like it is readily accessible, and a towel should be enough concealment), or securely encased and not on your person (and therefore not readily accessible).
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:59 pm snapped in a holster, or in a gun case, said Will Farrugia, a firearms instructor with the Florida Firearms Training in Deerfield Beach.[/u][/b]

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html
"Snapped in a holster" ?
I am calling BS on that.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 am
Dr. Dickie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:05 am What he said was not technically incorrect. He said licensed of not you could have a gun in your car with you so long as it was securely encased, which is true.
He just did not say, that if you are licensed you can carry concealed without the need to for being encased.
Read again: However, all gun holders — licensed or not — may transport a gun or another weapon only if it is securely encased, such as in a glove compartment, snapped in a holster, or in a gun case, said Will Farrugia, a firearms instructor with the Florida Firearms Training in Deerfield Beach.

All gun holders, licensed or not...only if it is securely encased.

Wrong.

Again, I think the "reporter" did some creative editing.
That is correct, ALL gun owners, licensed or not, can carry a gun in their car so long as it is securely encased, That is the law.
IF you have a CCW, you can carry it concealed.
He worded it poorly, but for TV sound bites, you can't explain the details.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:47 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 am
Dr. Dickie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:05 am What he said was not technically incorrect. He said licensed of not you could have a gun in your car with you so long as it was securely encased, which is true.
He just did not say, that if you are licensed you can carry concealed without the need to for being encased.
Read again: However, all gun holders — licensed or not — may transport a gun or another weapon only if it is securely encased, such as in a glove compartment, snapped in a holster, or in a gun case, said Will Farrugia, a firearms instructor with the Florida Firearms Training in Deerfield Beach.

All gun holders, licensed or not...only if it is securely encased.

Wrong.

Again, I think the "reporter" did some creative editing.
That is correct, ALL gun owners, licensed or not, can carry a gun in their car so long as it is securely encased, That is the law.
IF you have a CCW, you can carry it concealed.
He worded it poorly, but for TV sound bites, you can't explain the details.
The word 'only' is what the other posters have a problem with, as folks with CCWs can carry while driving. I think it's nit-picky and likely sloppiness by a reporter who didn't realize how intricate she had to be... You know, when talking about one of those fully semi automatic gun pistol Glock firearms.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Wakko wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm
wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 am That guy was a real trouper the way he walked it off, though.
Holy crap, someone that actually used the correct spelling of trouper. Cheers.
And I always thought it was trooper....
aka: Dolfan