Glock Finger Strikes Again...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Glock Finger Strikes Again...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Uber driver accidentally shoots passenger.

Side note: I'm hoping the reporter misquoted Will of Florida Firearms Training as to the "securely encased" statement...the guy had a CCW. "Securely encased" rule does not apply, yes? "Concealed", not securely encased. Staute?

Uber Driver Arrested After Accidentally Shooting Teenage Passenger

By EILEEN KELLEY and DOUG PHILLIPS
SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
OCT 22, 2019 | 5:36 PM

An Uber driver was arrested after he accidentally shot a teenage passenger Sunday while moving his gun on the seat, police said.

The shooting happened near the Hollywood Police Station, where driver Adrian Harper had stopped to pick up more passengers. Surveillance video shows two passengers racing into the police department for help. The video then shows police and an ambulance coming to the aid of the teen.

Police would not identify the girl who was shot. WPLG-Ch. 10 identified her as Baily Braun, 15, who was riding from Pembroke Pines to Aventura with her boyfriend.

Braun was struck in the ankle and the bullet exited her heel. She was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital.

“I didn’t know I got shot at first,” Braun told WPLG. “When I moved my foot, I just saw blood coming out."

Harper has a concealed carry permit, which makes it lawful for him to have his weapon concealed in the car. However, all gun holders — licensed or not — may transport a gun or another weapon only if it is securely encased, such as in a glove compartment, snapped in a holster, or in a gun case, said Will Farrugia, a firearms instructor with the Florida Firearms Training in Deerfield Beach.

Harper told police the firearm was near his left leg on the seat of the car. He said he was moving it toward the door to secure it in his holster when it went off.

“He advised that he did not realize he had his finger inside the trigger guard and accidentally pulled the trigger,” hitting the girl directly behind him, a police report states.

A passenger, Ebony Collins, told police she heard a loud bang as she loaded things into the trunk of the car. She ran to the Police Department for help.

Harper was arrested, though not booked in jail, on a charge of culpable negligence. He was given a citation to appear in misdemeanor court. But that’s not the only problem. Uber removed Harper’s access to the Uber app.

According to Uber’s terms and conditions, no driver or passenger is allowed to have a gun. In addition, people under age 18 are not allowed to use the ride-hailing service unless accompanied by a guardian. A rider must be at least 18 to have an Uber account and request rides. A driver should decline a ride request if the person requesting is under the age of 18, according to Uber.

“This is deeply troubling and our thoughts are with the rider and her family as she recovers," Uber said in a statement.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/brow ... story.html
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

The reporter is likely their "gun expert". :roll:
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

I don't know which is more unforgivable. The idiot shooting someone in the foot, or the one who has no idea what the law is.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 am I don't know which is more unforgivable. The idiot shooting someone in the foot, or the one who has no idea what the law is.
Will is a knowledgeable guy. He runs Florida Firearms Training. I'm guessing the reporter misquoted or misunderstood his explanation (or just ignored it). I sent him a note asking for clarification.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

What he said was not technically incorrect. He said licensed of not you could have a gun in your car with you so long as it was securely encased, which is true.
He just did not say, that if you are licensed you can carry concealed without the need to for being encased.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

The next movie should be Glock Finger.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:05 am What he said was not technically incorrect. He said licensed of not you could have a gun in your car with you so long as it was securely encased, which is true.
He just did not say, that if you are licensed you can carry concealed without the need to for being encased.
Read again: However, all gun holders — licensed or not — may transport a gun or another weapon only if it is securely encased, such as in a glove compartment, snapped in a holster, or in a gun case, said Will Farrugia, a firearms instructor with the Florida Firearms Training in Deerfield Beach.

All gun holders, licensed or not...only if it is securely encased.

Wrong.

Again, I think the "reporter" did some creative editing.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

lakelandman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 am The next movie should be Glock Finger.
Or Glock Leg... here's my choice for lead actor:

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am
lakelandman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 am The next movie should be Glock Finger.
Or Glock Leg... here's my choice for lead actor:

Oh man, I remember that video...
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

That guy was a real trouper the way he walked it off, though.