Pro-2A movie - The Reliant ONE NIGHT ONLY

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Odessaman

Pro-2A movie - The Reliant ONE NIGHT ONLY

Post by Odessaman »

I heard about this on a radio talk show yesterday.
Kevin Sorbo (TV's Hercules) now makes independent movies promoting Christianity and traditional family values. This Thursday, October 24, there will be a limited screening (one night only) of his latest - The Reliant - about a family's fight to survive societal meltdown after the economy collapses.
It's rated PG-13, so don't expect John Wick, but as a movie depicting the Second Amendment in a positive light, should be a good stiff middle finger to the Hollywood liberal elites who are happy to make millions off movies depicting gun violence, while using part of their profits to support the anti-gun left's agenda. Here's the synopsis from https://www.thereliantmovie.com/ :
When crisis strikes and their world crumbles, is God reliable to meet their needs or must their faith remain blind to facts?
After an innocent trip to the store ends in rioting and chaos, father of five, Rick (Kevin Sorbo) rushes home desperate to gather his family and find safety. His plans are dashed when the very same armed men suddenly appear, led by the ruthless Jack (Brian Bosworth). Caught in the deadly crossfire, the children are forced to seek shelter in the surrounding woods.
Alone and vulnerable, the children's faith and family bonds are pushed to the limit, especially those of the eldest daughter, Sophie (Mollee Gray), who questions the morality of gun ownership but soon learns that in God all things are good, including her family’s Second Amendment right to defend themselves. It is now up to the children to reclaim their home, find their parents and put an end to Jack's rampage.
At the heart of THE RELIANT is a love story. It’s an anthem of hope in the hardest of times, of forgiveness, and of redemption. Also featuring the celebrated Benham Brothers.
The film will be shown in limited theaters one night only - October 24th at 7:00 PM - then it will be released in December on DVD and streaming versions. You can find participating theaters at the link above.

I think it's important to support film makers who go against Hollywood's anti-conservative bias.

Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Looks pretty good.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Looks good. Gonna see if i can download it.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Just a quick note on language.

There is very little violence in entertainment. When there is, it is typically limited to sports, news, and documentaries.

There is a lot of portrayal of violence, and I do not see a need to differentiate between the tools used in the portrayal of crime.