Marine Reserve unit called up for potential coup

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

It's bullsheet. We can't apply to be assigned anywhere, we are picked. The "squared away" Marines were chosen for 8th & I right out of boot camp. The rest of us scrubs were sent elsewhere.

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fac ... te-house-/
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Now that's just a play on words. Apply or request. It just depends on how you look at it. In the ARMY you'd put in a request on paper. Could that be INTERPIDED as I applied for a request.

Yes

Plus in the Army you could put in a request or apply for a RANGER Batt. Right out of jump school. Heck they even come there asking you if you wanted to apply for RANGER Batt.

But in the Army you could actually pick what unit you wanted to go to on your enlistment contract. Mine was 1st Batt 75th Inf. Ranger Batt.

Picture below is right after I graduated from RANGER SCHOOL one year after I enlisted. I was a PFC got promoted to E-4 6 months later. In all fairness though. Because I had 3 years of JROTC I in went in as a PFC E-3 not an E-1

I was visiting my best friend who was in basic. Drill Sergeant let him visit for an hour.

Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Greg

Post by Greg »

Lol yes I remember out of boot camp they asked me where do you want to be stationed? I said Lejuene cause I’m from Fl and of course they sent me to Pendleton
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:43 pm Now that's just a play on words. Apply or request. It just depends on how you look at it. In the ARMY you'd put in a request on paper. Could that be INTERPIDED as I applied for a request.

Yes

Plus in the Army you could put in a request or apply for a RANGER Batt. Right out of jump school. Heck they even come there asking you if you wanted to apply for RANGER Batt.

But in the Army you could actually pick what unit you wanted to go to on your enlistment contract. Mine was 1st Batt 75th Inf. Ranger Batt.
Army = 1.3m soldiers
Marines = 186k Marines

We went where we were sent....

:lol:

Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

:lol: we went in areas no one from AMERICA was suppose to be. Then got out asap. Alot of times we did not even wear anything to associate us with America on our
Uniforms in case you were killed and we could not recover the body before getting out.

We were the reason socom was created after Desert One also known as the Iranian Raid mission. I was 18 then. Back then there was only 1200 RANGERS out of the 1.3 million soldiers you mentioned.

We had Marines on Desert One also, I respected the hell out of them. They were Recon. Even though Delta and Rangers were the ones mentioned mostly.

We were attached to Delta back then and operated mostly with them in specially trained teams Nothing like today.

But I can understand the Marines go in first attitude. Then we have to come and rescue you guys :P

Oh btw it was Special Forces and Rangers that went into Iraq and Afghanistan first. Not the Marines or LEGS= Army's none RANGER AIRBORNE personel :mrgreen:

I use to drive to Paris Island in SC it was about an hour away from Savannah. To visit a few friends stationed there.

But we all went where we were sent. No matter what you were in. There is no first in today, never was. During WW2 Army fought in Europe and Marines in Pacific. There's just different fronts.
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:10 am

I use to drive to Paris Island in SC it was about an hour away from Savannah. To visit a few friends stationed there.
""Paris" is where all those French homos hang out! THIS is P-A-R-R-I-S Island, you illiterate maggot! Push-ups until you puke...NOW!!" <----- (Our drill instructor if he caught someone writing "Paris" Island on their return address of letters home) :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:09 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:10 am

""Paris" is where all those French homos hang out! THIS is P-A-R-R-I-S Island, you illiterate maggot! Push-ups until you puke...NOW!!" <----- (Our drill instructor if he caught someone writing "Paris" Island on their return address of letters home) :lol:
:lol: