Looking for VPN Recommendations

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Slartibartfast

Looking for VPN Recommendations

Post by Slartibartfast »

looking for a good VPN service that will not break the bank
and has unlimited bandwidth.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I use CyberGhost VPN 100.00 for 3 years been working great download speeds.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

what are you looking too do with it? if it's only for web browsing then I recommend the TOR Browser. it's free with unlimited bandwidth.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Years ago when I was traveling a lot and was even living in Italy for a while, I used PandaPow. I haven't used them in years since I moved back to US.
At the time they had servers all over the world so you could log into a server and access local websites that normally would be blocked. So from Italy I could log into a Miami or Dallas server and download movies on Amazon, or log onto London server and listen to British radio stations etc.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

When I went looking for a VPN, I quickly discovered that your reason to use one is critical to deciding which one to use. Most are adequate if you just want to conceal your logons from other local users when using public WiFi nets.

Your note about unlimited bandwidth implies you want it for streaming video use. If that includes watching videos that are not locally available, then you'll need to use a server in a foreign nation. Some video servers block foreign VPN acccess, but the blockages are not universal so you may need different VPN's for using different video services.

If you're trying to hide your identity from government agencies... good luck. Most VPN's have logs that can be accessed by governments, one way or another. Even foreign VPN companies cannot completely avoid uncle sam. On the other hand, if the folks you are hiding from are not government agents, there are various groups of foreign VPN's that will foil the curious, depending on just how paranoid you might be.

Reddit has several discussions which provide information about different purposes for using a VPN.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I have used StrongVPN for 2 years now, I think I've gotten 30 megabytes (not megabits) a second through it. I think I paid $35 a year with some sign up deals/coupons each time. Apps for PC/Mac/iPhone/Android and all work well.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

I tried several, but finally found Perfect Privacy, and I am very happy with it.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Harryol49 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:17 pm There are many vpn in the market with good price tag, but the best is (redacted) for streaming movies and downloading content online. :D
Nice try, spammer...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:42 am Nice try, spammer...
He’s gone.
Auslander

Post by Auslander »

Worth a read with regards to how to setup a VPN. https://freedom.press/training/choosing-a-vpn/