New Range Report: Shooter's World in Crime Hills

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

New Range Report: Shooter's World in Crime Hills

Post by Flame Red »

I am not easily impressed. My son begged me to take him over to the just opened Shooter's World over on Kirkman Road near Universal here in Crime Hills in Mosquito County. That place was under construction for years and was delayed opening. I did not expect much but I have to admit I was impressed and will probably go back.

Yes, it is right at tourist alley and that is probably their primary clientele. I was quite pleasantly surprised that they let me:
  • Use my own Firearms
  • They will let me use my own class-3
  • They will let me bring my own pre loaded drums as long as I bring one box of the ammo I loaded it with.
  • Use my own ammo. They just don't want any armor piercing or incendiary, of course.
  • Use my own targets and safety gear
  • They charge us $10 each for a admission card for a year and a pistol range was $15 for an hour
  • It is Air Conditioned, with state of the art target track system.
  • They will let you collect your own brass if you want, unlike other places that steal it from you. Otherwise, they clean up after you if you don't want the brass and shot targets.
It was packed as you might expect, but there was no waiting for service or a range. The place is multi-story. They had dozens of staff. The place is well run, the staff knowledgeable and friendly. They have up to 100 yard range. They told me they would even let me bring my 50 BMG! Even with non-AP ammo, that thing cuts through any steel so I wonder how long that will last. I am not sure what that would be like firing indoor!

I have got to take advantage before they change their rules!

I know there will no doubt be posts about shooting with a bunch of foreign tourists. And I already heard a bunch of comments from shooter friends that they can go all day for $6 at yadha, yahda, yahda with a senior discount and they are too cheap and would rather sweat their balls off! The guys in the next stall were as red-neck as I am. A a lot of hot girls were present too - unfortunately with their boy friends :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
TACC

Post by TACC »

Great news

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sakotrg

Post by sakotrg »

I like using their 100 yard range though it’s usually $30 per hour. The range card thing is new and supposedly has something to do with some new law and them not being able to ask for your DL as ID anymore.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

At ranges where I’ve worked, where they want your DL, you pay after you’re done shooting, so they keep your DL as collateral to make sure you’ll pay. But at other ranges where I’ve worked, & you pay before you shoot, there’s no need to hold your DL because you’ve already paid. GARY
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thank you for writing this report 👍
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Greg

Post by Greg »

Rapid fire allowed?
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Greg wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:21 pmRapid fire allowed?
Seems so for now. The folks next to me were.

No holster draw.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Is CRIME HILL a real name for a place over there. :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Actually medic I believe hes saying Pine Hills.Lot's of dindu's ..
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:52 pm Is CRIME HILL a real name for a place over there. :lol:
Yeah, locally that is what it is. Don't get me started. Safe to say that when I moved out here 25 years ago, there was nothing here but Orange groves. Then a couple of years ago they put in a whole $hit load of section-8 housing up the road. Now all we have is armed home invasions, cars stolen, break-ins and all that good stuff. :twisted: