Pet Peeves

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Joecruiser wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm Damn.....4 pages of whining ...
So...don't click. :roll:
What...and miss out on the fun?? No way..
aka: Dolfan
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

flcracker wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 pm Today's pet peeve. Forkers who bring their dingdangdawgs into the dam grocery store on a leash, not in a screened, contained stroller. Th' hell?
And dipsheets who bring their dogs to work (unless you're a K9 cop)...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:11 am And dipsheets who bring their dogs to work (unless you're a K9 cop)...
I hate when I see people with their dog in a restaurant. Too easy to get the letter saying you need one. The law needs to crack down on that. GARY.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:50 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:11 am And dipsheets who bring their dogs to work (unless you're a K9 cop)...
I hate when I see people with their dog in a restaurant. Too easy to get the letter saying you need one. The law needs to crack down on that. GARY.
toss it a french fry and then scream, Yeah right, NICE service dog, if it was trained it would have never moved for food
TheKernel

Post by TheKernel »

People who get on the elevator before letting you out.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Free WiFi that makes you sign up with an email/password combo before letting you connect; almost every store/restaurant nowadays :shock:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am Free WiFi that makes you sign up with an email/password combo before letting you connect; almost every store/restaurant nowadays :shock:
Just harvesting your data to advertise to you / sell your email to marketing agencies.

I'd rather go without than sign away more data.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I have a 'throwdown' email address I always use for this especially when staying at hotels etc. Every single email I get on it gets flagged as Spam & I never get another one from them ever again. Get a free email address from gmail, yahoo or outlook.com & hand it out to anyone & everyone. Check it once a month or so or even not at all. If it gets hacked or deleted just create another one. Fuckem.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Went to the dentist the other day for a cleaning and there was a dog (small useless kickable type) free-ranging it throughout the office and operatory's. I was like "WTF?" and the tech said she was "dog-sitting".

There's no way it's legal to have a dog in a medical office...?!
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Bmup wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:48 pm I have a 'throwdown' email address I always use for this especially when staying at hotels etc. Every single email I get on it gets flagged as Spam & I never get another one from them ever again. Get a free email address from gmail, yahoo or outlook.com & hand it out to anyone & everyone. Check it once a month or so or even not at all. If it gets hacked or deleted just create another one. Fuckem.
Exactly. Good advice. I have about 4 email addresses: one is for business, such as banking, and never used for inquiries or signups at commercial sites; another for use for accounts at Natchez or Midway; another is mail for known friends; and the other is a disposable. The free addresses as bmup recommended is the way to go. Also, some services have alias addresses which can be used, and feed into your main account, but that isn't revealed to the correspondent on the other end, making it convenient to check all addresses from one account. That's even easier than linking actual accounts.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.