Pet Peeves

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Bmup wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am Idiots who somehow find their way to Florida from BFE or wherever & continue doing really stupid shit. Eventually getting either caught in the act & furiously resisting arrest or getting themselves "Darwined Out" in a spectacular display of stupidity & poor judgement & finally end up splattered all over the national news as "Florida Man".

As a Florida Native it just pisses me off. /rant
People come here to escape their former circumstances, just comes with the territory.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:20 pm Folks who order at a fast-food joint as if they're in a 5-star restaurant.

"Yes, I'd like the Whopper medium-rare with no onions and ketchup on the side. Light salt/pepper on the fries. Less ice and don't fill the drink all the way up. Oh, can you cut the burger in half?" :roll:
I worked at BK as a kid, and people would specifically request "no salt" fries to ensure they got hot fresh ones without a hassle.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm I worked at BK as a kid, and people would specifically request "no salt" fries to ensure they got hot fresh ones without a hassle.
Back when I ate fries, I always ordered them without salt...from a fast food joint.
Nice and hot!!! Besides, they pour tons of salt on them...not good.
aka: Dolfan
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 pm People on a two lane road who think because THEIR lane is partially blocked by trash cans, tree trimmings, traffic cones etc that its OK to swing out into YOUR lane at the last second instead of slowing/stopping and that you are supposed to somehow psychically know that they're going to do it!
I never yield to these mo-mo's, especially when they cut into my lane to avoid bicyclists. I have a dash-cam and an attorney on speed-dial.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:20 pm Folks who order at a fast-food joint as if they're in a 5-star restaurant.

"Yes, I'd like the Whopper medium-rare with no onions and ketchup on the side. Light salt/pepper on the fries. Less ice and don't fill the drink all the way up. Oh, can you cut the burger in half?" :roll:
I worked at BK as a kid, and people would specifically request "no salt" fries to ensure they got hot fresh ones without a hassle.
Well...those people should be kicked in the nuts. But we're not discussing people with simple requests, but people with drawn out, overly specific requests, as if they're ordering at La Maison or Chez Le Bouf in Paris... 🙄

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 pm
Bmup wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am Idiots who somehow find their way to Florida from BFE or wherever & continue doing really stupid shit. Eventually getting either caught in the act & furiously resisting arrest or getting themselves "Darwined Out" in a spectacular display of stupidity & poor judgement & finally end up splattered all over the national news as "Florida Man".

As a Florida Native it just pisses me off. /rant
People come here to escape their former circumstances, just comes with the territory.
Yeah, I get that. Floridians (like Texans) are born to it, doesn't matter where they were actually born. I'd say this includes pretty much everyone here at FSN. No offense was meant, just ranting about the "Florida Man" meme. But let me say this about that - if people come here to escape their former circumstances, where the hell can we all go when it gets too fucked up to live here?
...and before you chime in SteyerAUG, IA is too damn cold for a South Floridian - hell, I couldn't live too much farther north than Atlanta anymore. :D
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Road construction flagmen who give you a dirty look and frantically wave you to move on faster while plainly holding a large sign that says SLOW.