I got a dog... 1 year later update

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

I got a dog... 1 year later update

Post by armedpolak »

Some of you may remember when I posted here about a year ago about getting a rescue female puppy named Lana.

Well it's been over a year now actually, and we as a family could not be happier with the way she turned out! She is the friendliest and most approachable dog I've ever met for sure. She gets very excited and can't contain herself when friends visit (we have to still train her not to jump on people in excitement, but it's getting better). I have been training her since she was little, and she now follows my basic commands, like sit, stay, down, shake, come here; just the basics but that's really all I need from her. Did I mention she follows me everywhere? :D As most dog owners do, we let her sleep on our bed from time to time, and once we're up and running in the morning she always jumps on the bed and watches us get ready. Most importantly however she has shown incredible patience with my children who play, hug, kiss, scratch, and roll on the floor with her on daily basis. She accepts their affection and tolerates all the "harassment" from my kids :D of course my kids do not abuse her in any way, they know to be gentle with her and not do $hit like pull her tail, blow in her ears, etc, but sometimes I can definitely tell Lana just wants to go to sleep while my daughter wants to cuddle, lay on her, tickle her belly etc. Lana is great with my kids. She has never shown a single sign of aggression toward any human... only toward dogs in the park, but even then it was always in self defense (don't get me started on some of the people/dog combos in Coral Springs dog parks!).

Anyways, I don't know how to embed pictures from iCloud, so here's a link to some recent pictures of her: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0r5oqs3qG0dUu0

Thanks for reading!

P.S. The rescue we got her from ( http://www.littlepawsoflove.com ) told us she would be a smaller dog, 30-35 pounds max. Last we checked during a vet visit 6 weeks ago she was 68.4 pounds LOLOLOLOL. But it's all good, I prefer a bigger dog anyways ;)
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I remember all the "expert" advice you were getting. Glad it all worked out for the best. My 85 lb. German Shepard is spoiled rotten.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Very glad she's working out for you!!!
And still wondering if you got rid of the bike?
But the bike thing, thats a whole nother thread!!!
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

Looks like you got a winner.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Lol she isn't going hungry! Looks like she has a bit of lab in her mix.
Situationalray

Post by Situationalray »

Awesome dog :D
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Beautiful pup and family....that's what life is all about!
aka: Dolfan
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

That's a good lookin' pooch.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:28 pm Very glad she's working out for you!!!
And still wondering if you got rid of the bike?
But the bike thing, thats a whole nother thread!!!
oh yea the bike is gone! I first had Honda Shadow Spirit 750, then sold that and got a Honda CBR600RR. But after about two years riding the crotch rocket and about 5 really close calls I decided to stop riding. I was basically pushing my luck, and not due to my own stupidity, I was not doing reckless $hit in traffic, but due to other drivers just not paying attention. Maybe I'll get a slow cruiser again when I retire, but for now it's cars only :)
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

Dogs rock! Also they are a valuable piece of your family defense plan.