I got a dog... 1 year later update

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

armed_polak wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pmMaybe I'll get a slow cruiser again when I retire, but for now it's cars only :)
Great idea! Family first!
aka: Dolfan
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Joecruiser wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:51 am
armed_polak wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pmMaybe I'll get a slow cruiser again when I retire, but for now it's cars only :)
Great idea! Family first!
Yes Sir!
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Dave P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am Dogs rock! Also they are a valuable piece of your family defense plan.
Yes, I got a great reminder of that just a few days ago. Even though Lana is a young female, she's large (almost 70 lbs) and packs a mean bark when she's alerting us to something... few nights ago I ordered Chinese food delivery; when I do that I usually leave one side of my main double French entry door uncovered (it has blinds on both doors/sides) so I can see who's coming in so I can be by the door before they ring the bell. where I sit most often is by the kitchen bar where my laptop is and from there I can see through the French door and out into most of my front yard, including the walkway leading to my door; I can usually catch any delivery person with the corner of my eye. Well not that night... I'm sitting there browsing the web, Lana is sleeping near me on the floor. Next thing I know she bolts for the door with the loudest meanest bark I've ever heard from her. Long before I was aware of it, and long before the guy got to the door, she was already in house-defense mode :)

I was very pleasantly surprised by her actions. I told her it's OK and to sit and stay; which she did while I paid the guy. Later she got a big treat and praises for being such a good dog :)
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

armedpolak wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:50 am Anyways, I don't know how to embed pictures from iCloud, so here's a link to some recent pictures of her: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0r5oqs3qG0dUu0
Friendly reminder, you're not sharing a single picture but the whole album, with pictures of your kids. Just wanted you to know.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Legio wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:28 am
armedpolak wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:50 am Anyways, I don't know how to embed pictures from iCloud, so here's a link to some recent pictures of her: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0r5oqs3qG0dUu0
Friendly reminder, you're not sharing a single picture but the whole album, with pictures of your kids. Just wanted you to know.
yea I know ;) it's fine, most of this stuff is on wife's facebook anyways so :)
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

armedpolak wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am
Dave P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am Dogs rock! Also they are a valuable piece of your family defense plan.
Yes, I got a great reminder of that just a few days ago. Even though Lana is a young female, she's large (almost 70 lbs) and packs a mean bark when she's alerting us to something... few nights ago I ordered Chinese food delivery; when I do that I usually leave one side of my main double French entry door uncovered (it has blinds on both doors/sides) so I can see who's coming in so I can be by the door before they ring the bell. where I sit most often is by the kitchen bar where my laptop is and from there I can see through the French door and out into most of my front yard, including the walkway leading to my door; I can usually catch any delivery person with the corner of my eye. Well not that night... I'm sitting there browsing the web, Lana is sleeping near me on the floor. Next thing I know she bolts for the door with the loudest meanest bark I've ever heard from her. Long before I was aware of it, and long before the guy got to the door, she was already in house-defense mode :)

I was very pleasantly surprised by her actions. I told her it's OK and to sit and stay; which she did while I paid the guy. Later she got a big treat and praises for being such a good dog :)
Probably the number one security deterrent out there.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

So, let me get this straight: you are Polish, your doors are French, but you eat Chinese.

Is that about right??

What is your doggy? :lol:
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Dog=Heinz 57
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

TonyR wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:16 pmDog=Heinz 57
Yes :)
XenShooter

Post by XenShooter »

Awesome dog, very happy for you.

That dog won the lottery when your family rescued it!
~ Teufel Hunden