Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

tector wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:09 pm We used to have some chronic Colt masturbators here years back. If they aren't already dead this will push them over the edge.
Hey, I'm still alive - last time I checked... :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
patw

Post by patw »

I wish they would make more of the original revolvers,at least in style, instead of the ones they are making now. The short barrels of their newer models don't have the same appeal to me.I can appreciate an older 1911 and their older revolvers even though they are getting way over priced, in my opinion.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I’d rather go back to War a BCM or a FN than a Colt. No thanks. Nostalgia is all they offer now and that is for the old timers. For those of us who have had to use our rifles in combat could give a shit less if it’s Colt or not.
Now that I’m a civilian even less chance I’d own a Colt lower or parts. They have been passed over by other AR Companies about a decade ago
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Fortunately, when I was a lad back in the stone age, I only had to qualify periodically with the stupid Colt AR. I did carry a Colt 1911, but that's not "nostalgia" as it wasn't that great.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Greg wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 pm Many AR companies now that do it better than Colt. See ya
And at half of the price.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Molivo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 pm Many AR companies now that do it better than Colt. See ya
And at half of the price.
I wish BCM and DD were half the price of Colt.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

SteyrAUG wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:18 am
Yeah, but the 6920 might have been the most cost effective "known quantity." Sadly this is typical of Colt.
The LE6920 is the only platform of theirs that's of interest to me. I made a nice little carbine from their OEM1 and some Magpul MOE furniture. But I sold it. I didn't like the fixed front iron sight blocking my scope. I had wanted to try and get an OEM2 (without front iron sight) but those are scarce and probably sky high now. There are still plenty of OEM1's available, at present.

Still, this may be an opportunity for me to learn how to "build my own..." straight from the lower on up. If anyone has any good resources to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! :D
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:35 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:18 am
Yeah, but the 6920 might have been the most cost effective "known quantity." Sadly this is typical of Colt.
The LE6920 is the only platform of theirs that's of interest to me. I made a nice little carbine from their OEM1 and some Magpul MOE furniture. But I sold it. I didn't like the fixed front iron sight blocking my scope. I had wanted to try and get an OEM2 (without front iron sight) but those are scarce and probably sky high now. There are still plenty of OEM1's available, at present.

Still, this may be an opportunity for me to learn how to "build my own..." straight from the lower on up. If anyone has any good resources to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! :D
I also love my 6945, 6520, 6933 and others. There are two or three more I still want / need.

If I were gonna "build" I'd probably go BCM.