Posting on Facebook and gun forums

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ab4ka

Posting on Facebook and gun forums

Post by ab4ka »

This may not be popular but frankly I don’t care. I wish gun owners would spend as much time contacting their elected officials as they do proclaiming their feelings about gun rights online.

Posting love for the 2A and all things gun online is great, but to do so without reaching out to those who control policy is the equivalent of masturbation...it feels good but really doesn’t accomplish a lot.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

yeah cause writing letter has done so much in the past :roll:
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm yeah cause writing letter has done so much in the past :roll:
Then learn, overcome, adapt. Start writing to someone else to run against those who do not listen.

Only way to change it is get rid of every last elected official. So either find someone to run or run yourself! Me, I am working on finding and helping other candidates.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Social Media has done a lot to change the mind of those less informed
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:08 pm Social Media has done a lot to change the mind of those less informed
And not in a good way!
tector

Post by tector »

All of my local pols are commies, and have been forever--city, county, state house and senate, and Congressthings. All of them. A complete waste of time to write to--and no sensible candidate is ever beating them. Demographics is destiny. Jesus Christ could write to them with a bloody nail--no effect whatsoever.

So there are exactly six politicians I can write to about gun issues:

The Prez
Our 2 senators (now that Nelson is gone)
Nikki Fried
Ashley Moody
Governor Ron

At best Trump listens to a mixture of the voices in his head, his daughter and Wayne when it comes to gun issues--quite a strange mix. Pretty sure my letter won't squeeze in.

We have already seen the results of writing to our Senators--posted here many times recently.

Fried is an interesting case. Seems like she might be a waste of time, but perhaps not. See is a commie, no doubt, but may play along until she gets to higher (Democratic) office. Remember Kirsten Gillibrand's 100% NRA rating 10 years ago? That's Fried IMO.

Moody has been great so far. If that changes, she definitely deserves mail.

And the Gov.--let's see what happens when the Legislature is back in session early next year. Right now it couldn't hurt to write him preemptively, urging him to stand fast on gun rights generally.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

I don't write...I put my money where my gun is,
I donate to political campaigns, yeah they're all crooks, but I contribute to the pro 2nd crooks.
Speaking of crooks, I'm also a NRA Life member and occasionally throw them a bone too.

In addition, I refuse to Facebook or Tweet....just twat.
aka: Dolfan
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

ab4ka wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:56 am This may not be popular but frankly I don’t care. I wish gun owners would spend as much time contacting their elected officials as they do proclaiming their feelings about gun rights online.

Posting love for the 2A and all things gun online is great, but to do so without reaching out to those who control policy is the equivalent of masturbation...it feels good but really doesn’t accomplish a lot.

So copy paste GOA legislative alerts to facebook. Done. Time better spent than complaining here to a forum that probably responds to all GOA legislative alerts.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Joecruiser wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm I don't write...I put my money where my gun is,
I donate to political campaigns, yeah they're all crooks, but I contribute to the pro 2nd crooks.
Speaking of crooks, I'm also a NRA Life member and occasionally throw them a bone too.

You want your money to accomplish anything, give it all to the NRA-ILA. That way they can't spend it on membership drives or advertising. Easily the best bang for your buck.
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:13 am
Joecruiser wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm I don't write...I put my money where my gun is,

You want your money to accomplish anything, give it all to the NRA-ILA. That way they can't spend it on membership drives or advertising. Easily the best bang for your buck.
I've become a fan of the Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) and the Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org). Right now they are getting my money.