VPN recommendations

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

VPN recommendations

Post by tector »

I know there was a discussion of this in the now lost archives but....

Read good things about NordVPN but not cheap.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Keith

Post by Keith »

TorGuard is the one I use.
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

I use ipVanish and have had no issues. Would recommend
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am Read good things about NordVPN but not cheap.
I personally had plenty troubles with NordVPN. All VPN are expensive. I use ibVPN
tector

Post by tector »

fsnadmin wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 pm
tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am Read good things about NordVPN but not cheap.
I personally had plenty troubles with NordVPN. All VPN are expensive. I use ibVPN
NordVPN has a three day free trial which I am running now at work and will try at home--what were your issues? And how long ago was this? Supposedly they are greatly improved over the past couple of years.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
fsnadmin
Site Admin

Post by fsnadmin »

tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 pm NordVPN has a three day free trial which I am running now at work and will try at home--what were your issues? And how long ago was this? Supposedly they are greatly improved over the past couple of years.
Servers always full because no enough of them in my area. Others had ridiculous pings.
tector

Post by tector »

fsnadmin wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 pm
tector wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 pm NordVPN has a three day free trial which I am running now at work and will try at home--what were your issues? And how long ago was this? Supposedly they are greatly improved over the past couple of years.
Servers always full because no enough of them in my area. Others had ridiculous pings.
I am testing them with a few torrents. If others have a free trial I can compare the DL times of the same files.

Thank you for your help. Obviously you know way more than me on such things.
TampaShooters

Post by TampaShooters »

Been using tigervpn for years.

Check here for some good deals
https://stacksocial.com/search?cat=477&query=VPN
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

A few years ago when I was living in Italy I used a VPN called PandaPow. Generally worked pretty good, you could pick servers from different countries and get their local only content. Allowed me to download movies and TV from Amazon from a US based server, or stream British music stations from London server etc etc.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

What torrent sites y'all using?
I got a couple invites for torrentday if anyone wants a trade.