Walmart stopping ammo sales

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Greg wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:22 pm The smart play is to get those yearly $80-90 deals with sites like brownells and targetsports that give you free shipping on every order for a year for ammo
Remember in most cases you also don't pay sales tax if you order online.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Bmup wrote:So I guess you can buy .223 for your rifle but not for your pistol? Hmmmm...
Last I just read, they are stopping all 223/5.56 ammo sales

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Buy now, prices without Wally World competition will go up some.
tector

Post by tector »

Chigger wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 pm Buy now, prices without Wally World competition will go up some.
Possibly. But with a sudden hording, certainly.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Thank God i hoarded all those 5.56 300 round battle packs for $35 each. Also all the 100 rd 9mm white box ammo for $12 each. But I haven’t bought any ammo from them in a long time, so this will not affect me. GARY.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

The only ammo they have thats worth it is .22 ammo. I dont like the route they are going but there is nothing we can do. Wanna boycott them? Sure, but it wont make any difference. They are so huge that its not a big deal to loose some of us. But it is nice to stop by from time to time and pick up some ammo.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

N4KVE wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 pm Thank God i hoarded all those 5.56 300 round battle packs for $35 each. Also all the 100 rd 9mm white box ammo for $12 each. But I haven’t bought any ammo from them in a long time, so this will not affect me. GARY.
Not gonna' affect me either - I reload for all my handguns & have a small stockpile of .22LR & rifle ammo. In any case, probably enough to last me the rest of my life if shit gets real. :mrgreen:
Fuck Walmart. Just more social justice signaling & there's nothing there I can't get for the same money or pennies more (or even less) elsewhere & as was pointed out earlier, Tax Free.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

I've been ordering all of mine online for a while. The only times I've bought any at a B&M in quite a while is when I've bought a gun and needed some SD ammo for it.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I popped in today to see if any of the ammo was clearanced, and it wasn't specifically. They had some large caliber rifle ammo and some shotgun ammo on clearance, bought a bunch of boxes of 20 gauge steel shot for $2 each.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Wal Mart is going to see less and less of me.

Looks like I'll finally be paying shipping charges. Wal Mart was always a PITA, even though I was sales tax exempt and provided documentation, they would NOT exempt sales tax on ammo. If I bought frozen pizzas, car parts or anything else I didn't pay sales tax but they didn't care that I was specifically exempt by being a FFL, I always got charged sales tax on ammo.

Still ended up being a couple bucks cheaper than buying ammo from a wholesaler with shipping charges. But oh well, time to order several cases of Win white box 9mm value packs.