Walmart stopping ammo sales

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Bmup wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:13 pm I just saved about $6/box of .30-30 Win (including shipping) by buying at SGAmmo & not Walmart.
S &G Ammo is family owned top notch company. Given them plenty of my cash and will continue to do so.

They refused to take advantage of the Obama era manufactured FAKE NEWS ammo shortage by gouging us, like so many other retailers did. We all know who they are.
In fairness to Walmart, they did not rip off shooters during the ammo crunch.

BTW, during the "shortage" who was the member who graciously posted for sale ammo he scored at Walmart at actual costs to help fellow FSNers? He even had the ever elusive, uber rare .22LR!!! He was around Orlando I think.
aka: Dolfan
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Screw Walmart!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Joecruiser wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm
Bmup wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:13 pm I just saved about $6/box of .30-30 Win (including shipping) by buying at SGAmmo & not Walmart.
S &G Ammo is family owned top notch company. Given them plenty of my cash and will continue to do so.

They refused to take advantage of the Obama era manufactured FAKE NEWS ammo shortage by gouging us, like so many other retailers did. We all know who they are.
In fairness to Walmart, they did not rip off shooters during the ammo crunch.

BTW, during the "shortage" who was the member who graciously posted for sale ammo he scored at Walmart at actual costs to help fellow FSNers? He even had the ever elusive, uber rare .22LR!!! He was around Orlando I think.
Hey I remember that dude he was a good guy
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Here's the individual at Walmart Corporate assigned to handle the flood of e-mails on this matter...

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
photohause

Post by photohause »

Some well written notes & thoughts here. I'm going to piece these together and send it off to corp...and, share with buddies. Thanks you.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Racer88

Post by Racer88 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:03 pm Here's the individual at Walmart Corporate assigned to handle the flood of e-mails on this matter...

That's pretty funny! :lol:
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor | Certified Range Safety Officer | NRA Patron Life Member
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I have just closed my Walmart credit card, as well as my "online account", as in website, with the following comment added:

I am protesting Walmart's grandstanding regarding the sales of ammunition. I could understand a business decision, based on the sales of firearms and the security in the store. However ammunition is a step too far, as Walmart isn't just affecting the military ammunition. However, it's more than a business decision, Walmart has made it a virtue-signalling, grandstanding policy. It also lacks logic. While the tragedy in El Paso is saddening and should be condemned in itself, what exactly has that to do with me 2,000 miles away? Fortunately, I don't live in a small town in which Walmart has destroyed all other businesses. Another large market is across the street, one of better quality. I use a local hardware store. So, I don't need to step into Walmart again, and won't.

I'm sure that guy in the photos posted above is "reading" it right now. Probably represents the up and coming employee.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Walmart isnt hurting fellas ...looks like no one is waiting for the markdowns, I spoke to the assistant manager and he told me when it's gone it's gone that they probably will not be marking it down. Almost all the pistol ammo is already gone with the exception of 40 and who the hell shoots 40 anymore :mrgreen:
patw

Post by patw »

^^^ I heard the same thing from a manager, that they will not be marking it down. The prices are not great but some are not bad. It is a shame. I remember when they sold handguns and now this.
tector

Post by tector »

Walmart is not just restricting ammo sales and banning open carry--it is openly advocating "gun control" on a political level:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/business ... index.html

I guess their calculation is that ultimately gun owners will have no other place to go for goods and services since other retailers are just as commie if not more so (e.g. Target).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”