Cop Filed False Report of Sniping...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Cop Filed False Report of Sniping...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Crazy...

https://www.wpbf.com/article/deputy-mad ... s/28807803

Deputy made up story about being shot by a sniper, official says

CNN Updated: 7:18 AM EDT Aug 25, 2019

The sheriff's deputy at the center of what was described as a sniper shooting admitted that he made it all up, authorities said.

There was no sniper, no shots fired and no gunshot injuries sustained to his shoulder," Los Angeles County Sheriff's (LASD) Homicide Bureau Capt. Kent Wegener told reporters at a news conference Saturday night.

Deputy Angel Reinosa, 21, had previously said he was shot while walking to his personal car outside of the sheriff's station in Lancaster, California, Wednesday. The bullet came from a four-story apartment building across the street that houses people with mental health problems, Mayor R. Rex Parris said at the time, adding that a bulletproof vest saved Reinosa's life by deflecting the bullet into his shoulder.

Police said Reinosa was taken to the hospital where he was treated for a minor, non-penetrating wound and that a pellet gun was retrieved from one of the apartments.

The sheriff's department said the incident was targeting a deputy. The mayor described the shooter as a sniper.

Police didn't find a shooter. But a nearby school was put on lockdown and officials said students were evacuated.

Reinosa said he fabricated the entire incident, but did not provide a motive, Wegener said.

Reinosa will be relieved of his duties and a criminal investigation into the incident is ongoing, LASD Assistant Sheriff Robin Limon said at the news conference. Upon completion of the investigation, the case will be presented to the District Attorney's Office for filing consideration
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I'd love to know what his motivation is. He needs to be both criminally charged and held liable for the tremendous cost incurred by the agencies.
avmech

Post by avmech »

" He needs to be both criminally charged and held liable for the tremendous cost incurred by the agencies" and for anyone affected in the apartments he said the shots came from.
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Any relation to that Smollet guy? I'm seeing a trend here...
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Must have made it through the "extensive psychological testing" for LEO candidates. Oh, that was LA.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 pm
Reinosa said he fabricated the entire incident, but did not provide a motive, Wegener said.
DNC check must have bounced :mrgreen: