Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

And remember, you don't need to evacuate 8 hours away - you just want to get away from flood prone areas.

Maybe book a decent hotel 10 miles inland, for a couple of nights. Are all big hotels required to have generators??
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Dave P wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm Are all big hotels required to have generators??
I believe Not. Imagine being stuck in a hotel room where you can't open the windows.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

gotta love these Hurricane posts, people get to tell their Hurricane stories, give advice, and tell everyone why their ideas are better

ITS NOT LIKE ITS ANYONE'S FIRST TIME :roll: Jebus Fvcking Christ on a stick :roll:

I'm heading into the storm, lock and loaded, 1 case of beer,1 case of water, and some slim jims .....Fvck all y'all :mrgreen:
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Rent, you gonna be surfs up in Daytona?
Hang ten bud!!!
aka: Dolfan
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Saw the mo-mo's lined up at Home Depot today buying all the plywood. Good news? It will all be on Craigslist next week for pennies on the $!

Looks like I'll be able to build that shed I've been planning for half price! :lol:
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

S&W collector wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm
Dave P wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm Are all big hotels required to have generators??
I believe Not. Imagine being stuck in a hotel room where you can't open the windows.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

tector wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:44 pm Fucking Haitians, can't count on them for anything.
Sure you can...driving 45 mph in the fast lane of I-95 (with death-grip on wheel and thousand-yard stare), for starters.
knite7

Post by knite7 »

My favorite weather site. Ten different models showing you doom approaching. It's called "Mike's Weather Page".

https://spaghettimodels.com/[url]https: ... odels.com/[/url]
When the enemy is in range ... so are you.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:17 pm
tector wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:44 pm Fucking Haitians, can't count on them for anything.
Sure you can...driving 45 mph in the fast lane of I-95 (with death-grip on wheel and thousand-yard stare), for starters.
I see this literally every day and it never ceases to make me want to commit vehicular manslaughter.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Skoll wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:51 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:17 pm
I see this literally every day and it never ceases to make me want to commit vehicular manslaughter.
For them to drive at/above the speed limit would be the equivalent of you/me being strapped into a Saturn V rocket and launched with absolutely no astronaut training. 😆