Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

These pics are from the FEMA USAR Staging Area I'm currently staying at the moment since I'm assigned to a FEMA USAR Task Force.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Those are awesome pics. God bless those who are away from their families so they can keep our families safe.
aka: Dolfan
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Friday afternoon, I was told to prepare to report to the Sarasota County Public Works/Public Utilities Department Operations Center (DOC) at 2000 Sunday evening and to be prepared for a 72-hour lockdown, not being able to know how my home would survive the anticipated hurricane. Saturday morning's conference call cancelled that activation. My thanks and prayers go out to those who are on call and ready to activate post-storm.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Skoll wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 pm We got very, very stupidly lucky. This could have been another Andrew, or hell even a Katrina, if it hit us.
Couldn't have been a Katrina, local government actually asked for federal assistance in time.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

SteyrAUG wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:31 am
Skoll wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 pm We got very, very stupidly lucky. This could have been another Andrew, or hell even a Katrina, if it hit us.
Couldn't have been a Katrina, local government actually asked for federal assistance in time.
Instead of GWB hates black people, we'd have gotten Trump hates Cubans or something.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."