Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

^^^ THIS^^^

I think there are a couple issues, one being potential loss of power/flooding damage to pumping stations and the other issue is Flame's point. Flooding rains, rising sewer levels cross-contaminating potable water sources and transport lines. You get enough poo-water in the system and you may as well go eat at Chipotle.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

You get enough poo-water in the system and you may as well go eat at Chipotle.
Or Waldos wifes cookin :mrgreen:
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am
You get enough poo-water in the system and you may as well go eat at Chipotle.
Or Waldos wifes cookin :mrgreen:
Pfffft. My bride is actually a very good cook as well as being very intelligent- look who she married. Me, I'm just the sexpot, eye-candy of the marriage. Besides, if I remember the last time you were at my house I don't think either one of us was exactly 'wasting away'! :mrgreen:
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Current state of north Tampa/Lutz

But on serious note, all the major chains locally were sold out of water, gas was still available as of yesterday 2PM. Helped my parents stock of 20+ gallons of gas for their Generator. If we loss power, me and the wife will probably head over there with them. I don’t think it’ll be to bad for us on this side of Florida but regardless hope everyone stay safe
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Lucky me

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Well...were pretty much fucked.

Although track has been consistently ticking more southward . Maybe a miracle will happen and it will just level the keys again.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

A lot of people around here have well water, and no power no water.
I understand this in rural areas, but hooking up a generator to run the water well seems a more efficient solution. Who doesn't have a generator?
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm
I understand this in rural areas, but hooking up a generator to run the water well seems a more efficient solution. Who doesn't have a generator?
With my generator setup (wired into the panel) I can have water, lights, refrigerator and AC in half the house. I have to flip off the AC while the water heater runs when we want a warm shower. Not bad for roughing it. Old school VHF TV antenna and we're all set.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

Waldo1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:29 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm
With my generator setup (wired into the panel) I can have water, lights, refrigerator and AC in half the house. I have to flip off the AC while the water heater runs when we want a warm shower. Not bad for roughing it. Old school VHF TV antenna and we're all set.
We had an Electrician hook us up for that.
Also bought a portable room AC.
Also have an good antenna.
We drink bottled water anyway and got stocked up Wednesday.
tector

Post by tector »

Give me some Hurricane Floyd deja vu, MFers!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”