Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Here is Mouse Town, the hoarding has begun.

Went to pick up 10 gallons of ethanol free gas at WAWA after work Wednesday to have something to feed the generator. Cars were lined up on the road waiting to get in the parking lot and the pumps were solid wrapped around the building. I was able to get my 10 gallons of ethanol free - they did not run out - yet.

Wife went to Publix and hoarded some can goods. She refused to buy me any beer and to spite me she bought me two little bags of potato chips instead of two large bags I asked for. :evil:

EDIT: Today, Thursday - local Publix cleaned out of water. Wife picked me up a bag a chips but they got crushed by the mad rush of people running over each other hoarding D batteries. Gas lines at the local station getting longer...

Got plenty of ammo in case the natives in the hood get restless.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Flame Red wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 am Here is Mouse Town, the hoarding has begun.

Went to pick up 10 gallons of ethanol free gas at WAWA after work Wednesday to have something to feed the generator. Cars were lined up on the road waiting to get in the parking lot and the pumps were solid wrapped around the building. I was able to get my 10 gallons of ethanol free - they did not run out - yet.

Wife went to Publix and hoarded some can goods. She refused to buy me any beer and to spite me she bought me two little bags of potato chips instead of two large bags I asked for. :evil:

EDIT: Today, Thursday - local Publix cleaned out of water. Wife picked me up a bag a chips but they got crushed by the mad rush of people running over each other hoarding D batteries. Gas lines at the local station getting longer...

Got plenty of ammo in case the natives in the hood get restless.
Too bad you run out of beer. If it gets real bad I usually just break out the Scots Whisky I always keep around for um, snakebite... yeah. Snakebite, that's it... and um, General Anesthetic...
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Heading to the local brewery to fill some growlers after work. Several of them are saying that they are emptying their brewing vats and filling them with drinking water for post-storm distribution to the locals. Good way to ensure dedicated customers when you get back to the business of brewing beer!
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

flcracker wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:22 pm Heading to the local brewery to fill some growlers after work. Several of them are saying that they are emptying their brewing vats and filling them with drinking water for post-storm distribution to the locals. Good way to ensure dedicated customers when you get back to the business of brewing beer!
Wish I had thought of going over to the local brewery and lining up for some disaster beer before they dump it!

Lunch time update here in crime infested Mosquito County, the lines at the gas stations are even longer, and backing up in the streets even further.

I have the feeling that the lines at gas stations will be disappearing soon as the stations run out of gas.

Waiting to hear about fights starting over hoarding. Maybe some shootings to give the news stations more material to invoke panic into the snowflake populous. The hood rats will just steal the gas they need out of cars parked on the street - or the whole car. No shortage for them!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

We should be ok assuming the house is still standing. Generator runs on gas or propane, have a propane burner and a ceramic oven. We have 6 bags lump charcoal, 35 gal gas also truck filled 30 gals, car 12 gals, 8 propane tanks. Enough food and water for about a week. Going to start filling jugs with water good for pets. Enough dog food for 2 months. Not sure how much cat food that is wife domain.
Outside is clear of flying objects, if it is going to be a direst hit I'll remove the gates to my fence.

Neighbor down the street has roof stacked with clay shingles ready to be installed, been that way for about a month. Ii someone doesn't take them down and we get 100+ mph winds every car in the surrounding area parked outside will have some damage along with damage to the houses. Who's insurance pays for the damage?

Our car will be in the garage my truck will be outside I hope there are enough obstacles to beat down the carp if it comes my way.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Fort Lauderdale/Plantation
Just took me three hours to get a tank of propane.
Five gas stations I tried to get into were out of gas, I saw one that DID have gas, the line was stretching down Broward Blvd about 1/4 mi with police on scene. Car was already overheating in traffic so just limped home with less than 1/2 tank.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
CDI

Post by CDI »

gas station next to my job in naples ran out of gas by 330. next year im going to invest in a solar generator to keep the fridge going, maybe 2 fans and a night light.
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

Beretta Racer:
Bill, can you imagine if this was Season with all the snowbirds in town. It is still pretty empty around here.
Also, we have been shooting USPSA, Action Steel and 2 Gun at OKC, they have 9 bays and put up great stages almost every weekend.
Time to get back on the horse. PM with questions.
jon
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

I have to ask, is buying bottled water really a necessity? How many cities shutdown the potable water treatment during a hurricane?
I've lived in StPete for 30 years. I've been in a few tropical storms and hurricanes, StPete never shut down water service. Having gone to a local super market chain yesterday and seeing all the bottled water shelves near empty and the stockers pushing carts of bottled water out and being swarmed by people pushing to get a case of water.
This is a city in the most densely populated county of Florida I doubt any of us will die from dehydration due to Dorian.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:57 am I have to ask, is buying bottled water really a necessity? How many cities shutdown the potable water treatment during a hurricane?
I've lived in StPete for 30 years. I've been in a few tropical storms and hurricanes, StPete never shut down water service. Having gone to a local super market chain yesterday and seeing all the bottled water shelves near empty and the stockers pushing carts of bottled water out and being swarmed by people pushing to get a case of water.
This is a city in the most densely populated county of Florida I doubt any of us will die from dehydration due to Dorian.
A lot of people around here have well water, and no power no water.

I have never lost municipal water. However, during the 2004 triple storm, sewage came up through the drains so we abandon ship and stayed at Disney where they never loose power ever. They fed us "on the rough" - hamburgers and potato salad.

Harris Rosen is running storm relocation rates of $59 rooms at his budget hotels, and $79 a night at his high end hotels here here in Rat Town. He is quite the guy. No gouging like the Mouse would. I pity the fools that to go to the public shelters here in the hood. Imagine the Super Dome during Katrina...

Edit here for Friday morning - all gas stations I have seen no longer have any lines. They have no gas either...