Tropical Storm Dorian

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I don't know. I have lost roofs and all kinds of other stuff over the various storms - but I persevere.

Perhaps some of the brain dead zombie Yankee Libitards that have infected our fine state in recent years will go back to their high tax states after a good blow? And take their libitard elected officials with them!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

The "halfbacks". They go halfway back, and the states where they settle show the "progress". The overall politics in Virginia, the tax situation in North Carolina (New Jersey South).
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

If the BAWN gets passed I'm going to be a quarterback. Alabama here I come stay red!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I am doing research to prepare for that possibility, combined with a lot of changes I've seen in FL in the 22 years I've been here. So, I hear you. Also, certain possibilities in my domestic situation.

Look at the last two elections in FL. Don't look at who won, look at who/what lost and by how much. How close did we come? More idiots and SJWs, more "found" ballots and it already would be in the works.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

maybe look on the positive side....root for mass destruction and looting so we can start the boogaloo :mrgreen:
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:22 am The Labor Day 1935 hurricane, no one thinks that will ever happen to Florida again.
Without doppler radar and a lot of advances warning, Andrew could have racked up a similar body count. Also there was a lot less shelter for railroad workers back in 1935.
photohause

Post by photohause »

“You didn’t finish school, did you?
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:17 pm
tector wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 pm I am counting on Haiti taking another one for the team.

LOL. Any real storm and that's just a speedbump. Plenty of time and warm water to power it back up to a major storm between there and here. The only thing that really matters is if it goes over Cuba or not and even that is no guarantee of anything.

IRMA was my last storm. Told my wife we were leaving after work Thurs., her job wanted her to work all day Fri but hey, F them.I thought I'd be done prepping the house and loading the car by 5pm, that didn't actually happen until 2am.

By 9am Fri we were in the great turnpike evacuation parking lot. Glad we didn't try and leave Fri after 5pm, we'd have never made it. What should have been a 4 hour drive took 13 hours. More than a few times we worried we might not have enough gas to get to the next station even though it was only 15 miles away. Saw lots of "out of gas" cars on the side of the road.

That was my "never again" moment.

Had one storm teach me to never try and ride out a Cat 4 or 5 storm, Irma taught me that as soon as a serious storm becomes "likely" to land in your zip code evacuations are as challenging as riding out a major storm.

Having done the aftermath of lesser storms and 3 weeks without power or regular access to gas, the whole thing is bullshit and no way to live 6 months out of the year. In 2018 I cheerfully ran a snow blower 3 to 4 times a week for several months just to clear out my driveway.

Sometimes when I was done, I sat outside and just watched kids make snowmen. It was actually peaceful and less aggravating than trying to mow the lawn in Florida summers. Between the sauna weather conditions, giant roaches and spiders and the fact that 80% of the state is addicted to heroin the only thing I miss is decent pizza.
80%? Guess I don’t know as many people as I thought I did! Don’t know ANYONE addicted to heroine!
tcpip95

Post by tcpip95 »

I bought a 37’ travel trailer about 8 weeks before Irma, never imagining that we’d use it so quickly. We bugged out 4 days before the storm hit, and got up to Ocala before the traffic jam got bad. Fortunately I had three 5-gallon gas cans and two 5-gallon diesel cans, so while we “almost” ran out of fuel, we never did. Lesson learned was if you’re going to bug out, it’ll be six days prior. We went to GA for 2 days, then evacuated to AL for another two weeks. Was extremely comfortable with the RV.

Not going to worry about hurricanes again. It’s too easy with the RV.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

It appears the NOAA forcasters think less of this storm each day. Now, they give it less than 10% probability of any hurricane force winds at all, during the next five days.