Walmart getting wobbly on gun rights?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Corporations exist to turn a profit, otherwise what is the point of business?
I just wish they would stop the politicized virtue signaling and focus on that one thing (making money) and nothing else.

patw

Post by patw »

I hope they don't cave to this garbage, as the prices are pretty good.
tector

Post by tector »

I know why corporations exist. However, corporations exist through human beings.

Both Dicks and Walmart are corporations. For the past few years, however, they have taken a different approach towards guns. That Walmart might soon choose a course closer to that of Dicks is not a good sign.

The market weight of guns--represented by the number and size of those who retail them--definitely can have an effect on how some legislators, especially Republicans, may stand on them. Some Fudd Republicans are more likely to fold, in my opinion, if a market monster like Walmart folds on guns first. It gives them some cover.

So it is all connected.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

Walmart, Dick's, and similar multi-line retailers don't give two sh*ts about "gun rights" - and never have.
I wouldn't depend on them to defend liberty any more than I'd consult them for medical advice.
Amen, and they don't care what happens to the slave labor that makes their shit either.
patw

Post by patw »

Now it seems Walmart has a mandatory 3 day waiting period for buying a rifle or shotty. To boot, the time frame does not start or end on a weekend.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

patw wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 pm Now it seems Walmart has a mandatory 3 day waiting period for buying a rifle or shotty. To boot, the time frame does not start or end on a weekend.
They made me wait 5 days, and that was a couple years ago.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Is the wait regardless of if you have a CCW or not? I live in commie controlled south FL, haven't seen a Walmart that sells guns in awhile.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Skoll wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:10 pm Is the wait regardless of if you have a CCW or not? I live in commie controlled south FL, haven't seen a Walmart that sells guns in awhile.
Your CCW is not recognized by Walmart. I whipped mine out at the WPB location to buy a Mini-14 and they said "That won't be necessary. Come back in five (business) days." 🙄
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Would have told them they permanently lost my business. Not that it would matter to them.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."