Walmart getting wobbly on gun rights?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Walmart getting wobbly on gun rights?

Post by tector »

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/gun-co ... 20%251%24s

"In the national conversation around gun safety, we're encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," he stated. "The reauthorization of the assault weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

So...when are all of America’s armed government agents gonna line up to turn over their weapons?
First things first!
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Just wait till they start calling for Walmart to stop selling their (20% of the market) ammunition. Walmart makes a killing, no pun intended, selling ammo!
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Grip Hugger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:18 pm Just wait till they start calling for Walmart to stop selling their (20% of the market) ammunition. Walmart makes a killing, no pun intended, selling ammo!
I am going to be so disappointed if Walmart stops selling ammo. I think their ammo sales help to keep ammo prices down due to competition. I buy probably a case of 20 gauge every other week and burn through it.... If they eliminate ammo sales, that may very well constitute 50% of the reason I ever step foot into a Walmart willingly.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

The only thing I buy from there is ammo.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

The author of that article is a complete idiot.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

cj5mrt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:21 pm The only thing I buy from there is ammo.
I'm going very off topic here:
I have enough ammo stash that I dont need to buy Walmart ammo but I will say the only reason I go to Walmart is for their frozen dinner choices.
Better than my local Publix, that is the ONLY reason I go to Walmart.
Ok, carry on and sorry for the off topic!!!
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

There are days I just want to scream. Why can't we get the message to sink in that CRIMINALS do not play by the rules. You will note the almost immediate cries for gun control before the six cops shot in Philly were even treated in the hospital. But also note how quickly the concern for the police evaporated. Not only are they unworthy as victims, they were pelted by the local residents. That calumny was broadcast all over the country. Also note how quickly the control freaks shut up when the shooter's extensive criminal background came to light. There is no law, no control, no background check that would have kept him from getting a firearm.
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

Walmart could give a crap about gun rights. They care about one thing...making money. As long as they're making money they're good. They will do whatever it takes to keep people spending, and if that means pissing off a few in order to please a bunch, so be it. But I'd be willing to be they know they're audience and they don't want to lose their redneck base (of which I'm a proud part although I don't go there as much as I used to).
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

ab4ka wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:54 pm Walmart could give a crap about gun rights. They care about one thing...making money. As long as they're making money they're good. They will do whatever it takes to keep people spending, and if that means pissing off a few in order to please a bunch, so be it. But I'd be willing to be they know they're audience and they don't want to lose their redneck base (of which I'm a proud part although I don't go there as much as I used to).
This ^^

Walmart is not getting wobbly on gun rights, because Walmart has never been a solid proponent of gun rights - Walmart is a solid proponent of profit potential.

Guns and ammunition are products in their inventory - nothing more. As long as they're legal, and profitable, Walmart will sell them. When the profit margin falls sufficiently, or the products become illegal, they'll replace those items in their inventory with something else. They pander to the anti-gunners just enough to keep them coming in to buy thermal tumblers from China and cheap shampoo and frozen pizza, but with a 20% market share on ammunition sales, don't look for them to stop all ammo sales any time soon.

They stopped selling ARs because it made them look socially conscious and the margin on an AR isn't near what it is on a box of .38 Special ammo - especially if you're buying it by the truckload. (Notice they still sell 5.56/.223 and 7.62x39 ammo, so apparently their "social consciousness" only goes so far.) And their stunt of refusing to sell ammo to anyone under 21 - even before Rick Scott stripped 18 to 20 year olds of the right to buy it - again made them look socially conscious, but likely impacted their bottom line very little, since most ammo buyers are over 21 anyway (which they can track by swiping your driver's license or entering your birthdate for an ammo purchase.)

Walmart, Dick's, and similar multi-line retailers don't give two sh*ts about "gun rights" - and never have.
I wouldn't depend on them to defend liberty any more than I'd consult them for medical advice.