Chuckie's going after body armor next...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Chuckie's going after body armor next...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/457 ... -armor?amp

TheHill
SENATE
August 11, 2019 - 04:52 PM EDT

Schumer Proposes Bill to Regulate Body Armor

BY ZACK BUDRYK

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Sunday he intends to introduce a bill restricting the sale of body armor when the Senate reconvenes in September, according to the New York Post.

The bill would require the FBI to establish standards for who is allowed to buy body armor such as bullet-resistant vests after a series of mass shootings in which the gunmen wore body armor, most recently the suspect in the killing of nine people last weekend in Dayton, Ohio.

Schumer's proposal would include exceptions for police and other public safety officials, according to the AP.

"The ease with which those intent on doing evil are able to get advanced body armor is shocking," Schumer tweeted Sunday afternoon. "In addition to the House-passed background checks bill, it's time to require anyone seeking sophisticated body armor to get sign-off from the FBI."

"What we have learned is that a good number of those intent on mass shootings buy body armor," Schumer said, according to the Post. "They want to kill as many people as possible."

Anyone without a criminal conviction can currently obtain a bulletproof vest in all 50 states, with only Connecticut requiring that they be bought in person. Wearing one during the commission of a crime is a separate offense in most states, including New York, where it is a felony punishable by up to four years in prison.

In the meantime, however, Schumer said he would push for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to allow a House-passed universal background checks measure to get a full Senate vote, calling it "the most important and immediate thing we can do."

"It would pass, in my judgment," he added, according to the Post.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I can see this being passed. Doesn't Chicago have some fucktarded body armor law in this style?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Skoll wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 pm Doesn't Chicago have some fucktarded body armor law in this style?
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TACC

Post by TACC »

It will pass because the stupid politicians will say this doesn't have anything to do with guns so let's pass it, and it will make them look like they are doing something for the snowflakes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Greg

Post by Greg »

I don’t see it passing. So Cops are only ones allowed to have bullet proof armor with all these shootings? I don’t think so
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
avmech

Post by avmech »

makes sense! Let's outlaw armored back packs for kids.

Chuckie is such a complete moron. Always looks like a chicken pecking at food when he spews his shit. Throw some turds against the wall to see what will stick just to say..look, I did something
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Does this include the bullet resistant inserts parents put in their kiddies backpacks?
photohause

Post by photohause »

Maybe should go after Safty Bullllettts..
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Typical libtard mindset...
Blame the object...not the nutcase behind the trigger.
aka: Dolfan
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

photohause wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am Maybe should go after Safty Bullllettts..
No please, let's not start this one again. The maker of safety bullets promised me a thousand lawsuits.