SimpliSafe Alarm Bypassed With a $2 Device From Amazon

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:16 pm Burglar Bomb for the win, if they can't stay in the room for long they can't take much
[youtube]lMJZPALdKFc[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

They can't even keep cell phones out of prison with cavity searches.
Almost all contraband comes in thru the staff.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm You're dating yourself by picturing the old-fangled "twisted pair" that was used in the 60's/70's/80's...gramps. :lol:
OK, I opened up my panel and those are indeed the wires...you got me there.

But gramps?? I can probably be your father but notta gramps...yet! 8-)
aka: Dolfan
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

BTW....what's the back story behind your avatar?
I ask because I've been fascinated with Everest...followed the last few climbing seasons, seen every youtube vid, read lots of articles online, etc.

No, I don't climb...in from FL...just love the topic.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Joecruiser wrote:
BIG JOE wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm This is not good fMakes me want to go back to a twisted pair land line and a hard wire system.
LOL! The wiring is not twisted nowadays...but you're absolutely correct.
My home is hard wired, every door and window has is protected and wired independent of each other straight to the control box. Modern system but old school wired
Those wired systems use a EOL resistor that is read by the controller...any change in resistance triggers the alarm for that opening when armed.
Twisted-pair wiring reduces induction interference in the EM spectrum from any nearby sources.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Joecruiser wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm BTW....what's the back story behind your avatar?
I ask because I've been fascinated with Everest...followed the last few climbing seasons, seen every youtube vid, read lots of articles online, etc.

No, I don't climb...in from FL...just love the topic.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... erest-1986

That's my Dad. Well...not 100% certain. My mom climbed Everest and came back pregnant..."Dad" was home. :shock: I look Asian, so my "Dad" calls me the 'bastard child of Tenzing Norgay'. :| That's also the name of my band...
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

[youtube]85hkQCv1K0Y[/youtube]
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Taco wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am And with this $0.99 device you can break into almost any home!

Locks, alarms, cameras, safes, dogs... All are made to make yourself a harder target and deter the casual thief. I saw an article that my blue tooth door lock is vulnerable and could be unlocked within 13 hours by a hacker with a cell phone in blue tooth range... Or, they could kick the door a couple times and be in in 30 seconds.

If someone wants what you something bad enough, they can get to it. Don't get me started on airport security...

They can't even keep cell phones out of prison with cavity searches.
True. They hit my friends house, they actually used a sledge hammer to take the door off the hinges. Middle of the day, while everyone was at work.

They grabbed a big water bottle full of a year or so worth of pocket change, some valuable out of accessible jewelry boxes and whatever else was in drawers and stuff.

They either didn't see the gun safe in the utility closet next to the hot water heater or they decided they didn't have the room to work or the tools to get the job done and I don't even thing they even tried.

Probably did more actual dollar damage than than loss from theft. I'm sure my friend would have been happy to give them the insurance deductible to just keep moving on. A crew of four guys can grab a lot of stuff in 10 minutes.

Put it in the safe with your other valuables. Leave expensive looking crap out in the open as bait.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

$ 200 Jobox take the handles off and if you don't wanna bolt it to the floor fill the bottom with ammo, mine weighs about 650 lbs, no way even 3 guys are gonna be able to carry that out ....unless you live rural and your house if pretty far off the road, you really need to concern yourself with the quick smash and grab. Thus the Burglar Bomb, if they can't stay in the room to work on a safe then can't get much.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Interesting story Tenzing. Not too many Americans, women even less, submitted Everest in the 80s or 90s. The Himalayan Database keeps all stats and records of all summiteers, so you can search if your Mom reach the top of the Earth.

She prolly did the Everest Base Camp Trek. From Kathmandu, Nepal u fly to Lukla. Most dangerous airport in the world. Then trek for days staying in tea houses along the way.

That’s on my bucket list. If your Mom did it, without Dad, in sure there were plenty of “romantic” opportunities along the way.

Fact is, the Himalayas are one of the most beautiful spots on Earth...plus you gotta be fit as a fiddle (ie: Hot as f@ck ) to trek there, SO, you most certainly can be half Sherpa!

Now back to Alarms....