SimpliSafe Alarm Bypassed With a $2 Device From Amazon

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

SimpliSafe Alarm Bypassed With a $2 Device From Amazon

Post by lakelandman »

This is a good video I know some FSN members recommended this alarm system.
[youtube]UlNkQJzw4oA[/youtube]
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Pretty much any consumer grade system can be bypassed or defeated. The more you get into wireless and things like that, the more vulnerable most systems become.

I can still remember using a simple police scanner to tune in all the cell phones being used nearby in the mid 90s. Multiple layers of security are what you want, if you depend upon tech to keep you safe your probably gonna be disappointed.

Hell even back in the 80s people learned to ignore the home burglar alarms that would go off, nobody checked on your house to see if it was actually being robbed and it was mostly an annoyance.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I have Simplisafe, so I'll have to watch this carefully. So far, I've not had any trouble, but we'll have to see. There are other alternatives.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

This is not good for SimpliSafe. As mentioned any type of security system can be breached. This is still a usable system it just needs to be a part of your overall security. Makes me want to go back to a twisted pair land line and a hard wire system. You could use SimpliSafe as a back up. The more obstacles you put in the front of what your trying to protect the more work has to be done to get to it. Still nothing is 100%.
BIG JOE
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

BIG JOE wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm This is not good fMakes me want to go back to a twisted pair land line and a hard wire system.
LOL! The wiring is not twisted nowadays...but you're absolutely correct.
My home is hard wired, every door and window has is protected and wired independent of each other straight to the control box. Modern system but old school wired
aka: Dolfan
avmech

Post by avmech »

Wife keeps mentioning a wireless alarm system to replace our wired one................keep telling her it is too easy to hack into anything wireless........maybe now she will listen
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Taco

Post by Taco »

And with this $0.99 device you can break into almost any home!

Locks, alarms, cameras, safes, dogs... All are made to make yourself a harder target and deter the casual thief. I saw an article that my blue tooth door lock is vulnerable and could be unlocked within 13 hours by a hacker with a cell phone in blue tooth range... Or, they could kick the door a couple times and be in in 30 seconds.

If someone wants what you something bad enough, they can get to it. Don't get me started on airport security...

They can't even keep cell phones out of prison with cavity searches.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Ask any police officer and they'll tell you a "good" burglar can be in and out in less than 90 seconds. Your alarm, relaying to the police, and arrival time will most time be longer than that. Unless an officer is only a couple of blocks away, the burglar wins. Look at the gun store burglary in Clearwater over the weekend, a team of course, stole 27 guns in less than 60 seconds. Surveillance cameras caught some images (they had masks, of course) of them and their car, with a partial on the plate: about the best one can hope for.

An alarm system will catch or deter the casual, target of opportunity kid looking for drug money, or vandals who will spend some time. Otherwise, obstacles, as has been said. The best protection is a low profile. Flash money or fancy stuff, let people see guns, and you are inviting it. How about the people across the street or down the block? May be nice and honest people, but their kids have friends …. Nothing's perfect or easy.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Joecruiser wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:33 pm
BIG JOE wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm This is not good fMakes me want to go back to a twisted pair land line and a hard wire system.
LOL! The wiring is not twisted nowadays..

LOL! Yes it is...Cat5/Cat6 = "Twisted Pair".

You're dating yourself by picturing the old-fangled "twisted pair" that was used in the 60's/70's/80's...gramps. :lol:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Burglar Bomb for the win, if they can't stay in the room for long they can't take much