That didn’t take long...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

We seem to be going thru a 3rd phase of shooters. The first were mentally disturbed. The 2nd children angry at their schools.
And now White Nationalists.
25 years ago I walked into a S Florda LGS and saw one maybe 2 black rifles on the wall. Then Clinton and more people wanted them, and now half the local stores are filled with AR's etc. You can thank Clinton and Obama. The more talk about banning weapons, the more TV and movie and Video Games about rifles, the more hi cap weapons will be out there.
I do not have an answer.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Add to Texas, Ohio mass shooting in Dayton. Happen stance...I doubt it.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

All mass shooters are mentaly disturbed. Don't fall into the false narrative of labeling them other than bat shit crazy.

And because this mental illness is not being addressed, all the more people should arm themselves for self protection should be pushed by gun owners.

A white nationalist label is used to advance an agenda on all sides. Bat shit fuck tard pretty much takes away any power any side may claim.
CDI

Post by CDI »

What surprised me is that Texas has more ccw then Florida but there was no one in the area armed that could have engaged this nut case.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

CDI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 am What surprised me is that Texas has more ccw then Florida but there was no one in the area armed that could have engaged this nut case.
Not sure if I'm (average booger-eating CCW holder) going to have the wherewithal to engage someone firing an AK in a "surprise attack". That's a little different than a mugger at an ATM machine or a broccoli-head in a liquor store hold-up.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:45 am
CDI wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 am What surprised me is that Texas has more ccw then Florida but there was no one in the area armed that could have engaged this nut case.
Not sure if I'm (average booger-eating CCW holder) going to have the wherewithal to engage someone firing an AK in a "surprise attack". That's a little different than a mugger at an ATM machine or a broccoli-head in a liquor store hold-up.
Precisely, and that was mentioned in one of the Fox News reports... If all you have is a side arm pistol, you better make those shots count and do it from a position of true cover, as if that AK47 muzzle gets trained onto you, it's highly likely you won't survive what's coming... And if that shooter has body armour, you better hope you're good enough to deliver a head shot...
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

My personal firearm is for "personal protection." I'm not here to stop a mass shooting and if I did I'm just as likely to be identified as "one of the shooters" by responding law enforcement as I am to stop the shooting. Additionally, if "I" accidentally shoot some bystander while engaging the shooter then I'm screwed. Also how do I know I have the actual shooter and not some other "good samaritan" responder?

I'm not being paid, I haven't been given a radio to receive accurate intel and I don't have a badge that identifies me as "one of you guys" to responding LEO's. Unless circumstances force me to engage the shooter or he is nearby and preparing to kill what I am 100% certain is an innocent victim(s), my primary goal is to escape and evade.

Laws and LE mindset related to active shooters have made "John Wayne with a gun" scenarios a dangerous game to play.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Not to be pedantic, but Florida has the most CCWs in the nation.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/

This list is two years out of date as I believe FL is now over 2 million issued permits.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

SteyrAUG wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:08 pm
My personal firearm is for "personal protection." I'm not here to stop a mass shooting and if I did I'm just as likely to be identified as "one of the shooters" by responding law enforcement as I am to stop the shooting. Additionally, if "I" accidentally shoot some bystander while engaging the shooter then I'm screwed. Also how do I know I have the actual shooter and not some other "good samaritan" responder?

I'm not being paid, I haven't been given a radio to receive accurate intel and I don't have a badge that identifies me as "one of you guys" to responding LEO's. Unless circumstances force me to engage the shooter or he is nearby and preparing to kill what I am 100% certain is an innocent victim(s), my primary goal is to escape and evade.

Laws and LE mindset related to active shooters have made "John Wayne with a gun" scenarios a dangerous game to play.
This.

No matter the situation, my goal is to protect myself and my wife. If that requires engaging a shooter, so be it. If it means finding a back door and getting the hell out of Dodge, so be it. The situation dictates. But ain't nobody paying me to be no hero.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Biden said tonight he would do a national assault weapon buyback if elected
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009