CCW holder wounds and stops gunman at Florida back-to-school event, police say

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

CCW holder wounds and stops gunman at Florida back-to-school event, police say

Post by Miami_JBT »

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

In Titusville, Fl this past weekend; a Florida CCW Permit holder stopped an armed gunman from harming the public at a Anti-Gun rally and Back To School event hosted at Isaac Campbell Park on South Street.

According to police reports, children and parents getting publicly donated school supplies at an event sponsored by Dwight Harvey's family. Harvey said he and his family planned the Peace in the City event after his cousin, Tony Butler, was found dead in a burning car in Mims, FL back in July as the suspected victim of gang violence.

A fight broke out at the event and at some point, the gunman returned to seek revenge and that is when 12 shots rang out.

[youtube]Gy98HFxubPg[/youtube]

Another event goer, being legally armed and carrying under the auspices of a Florida Concealed Carry Permit, approached the subject and shot him. Thus ending the rampage.

"We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident," said Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson. "This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park, this could have been so much worse." WFTV 9 News

Detectives from the Titusville Police Department and the Brevard County State Attorney's Office said they do not expect to file charges against the armed permit holder since his actions were within the law (FSS 776.012 Use of Force & FSS 776.032- Stand Your Ground), according to the preliminary investigation.

Expect this to be swept under the run by the Anti-Gun Media.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA