Any "Soda Stream" enthusiasts out there?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Casual wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:50 pm I went the other direction... Whole leaf exotic teas....

I need to cut sodas from my diet
Good for you, brother!! 8-)
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
photohause

Post by photohause »

I had one about 35 yeas ago..NSA. Worked great...sometimes instead of water, we would use vodka!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Casual

Post by Casual »

photohause wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am I had one about 35 yeas ago..NSA. Worked great...sometimes instead of water, we would use vodka!
Carbonated vodka??? :shock:
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Casual wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm
photohause wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 am I had one about 35 yeas ago..NSA. Worked great...sometimes instead of water, we would use vodka!
Carbonated vodka??? :shock:
SodaStream + vodka + fruit juice = White Claw ? :shock:
At whatever strength you want.... Just gotta do the math. :ugeek:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:54 am I’m a total Cokaholic. I do not eat at restaurants that serve Pepsi instead of Coke. I want to be able to taste what their “cola” tastes like before I buy their system. So I’m still waiting for a way to sample their product like I can taste many different foods at BJ’s. By the way, the BEST Cokes are in the 12 oz glass bottles from Mexico, & other Central American countries, where they use real sugar instead of corn syrup. GARY.
1+The Family Dollar carries them I pick a few up at a time always Walmart had a full case so I scored 24 bottles.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

A quick follow up. Up to today, I had been using a small set of Sodastream's "60 CL" CO2 cannister tanks (that fit inside the Sodastream unit).

I learned how to fill them myself using simple "dry ice" that I could get from my local Publix for $1.68/lb. I simply empty the tank as best I can, open the valve and then take about 430 grams of crushed Dry Ice and stick in inside (does take a kitchen scale to measure properly), and it worked. One just has to be careful not to over fill, or it could freeze up the lines a bt until the tank empties a little. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Today, I stepped it up and went for the big commercial sized 20lb CO2 tank,,,,

I use this plus the 5ft. adapter cable that connects to the head of the Sodastream unit, and this tank should last almost an entire year. The tank is roughly $107.00 on Amazon, and the cable is about the same...

Works great, and it doesn't over pressure the unit. We'll see how long the 20lb tank lasts, but I found a commercial service that offers $40.00 fills (only $10.00 more than what a SodaStream 60CL Tank costs to buy new). What I might do is get a 2nd 20lb tank. Then I can get the commercial service to pick up the empty tank and bring it back filled ($17.00 x 2 for a pick up and delivery).

Seems to be working for me. As for the syrups, I'm still working with the "diet" version of their "Dr. Pepper" product (it's made with Sucralose and not Aspartame). I'll have to see how much I like it more than the real Dr. Pepper. But I find myself just drinking more "Club soda". Although I have to buy purified drinking water because they've upped the Chlorine in my FL tap water and I can taste it. Uggghhh... :x

Anyway, so far, so good! :D