Florida’s Commissioner of Agriculture 

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

The announcement today was just an update and a victory lap for decreasing the wait time for CWLs to be issued.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45 pm
Flame Red wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:00 pm Took a selfie on the cell phone and put it though the Fed passport web site which sizes it properly.
Would you have an URL for that Federal Passport Website?

Thx!
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... hotos.html
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:36 am her entire agenda is to dump CWP from her office so she can push for medical marijuana dispensaries and grow farms in FL....if the Gov was smart he'd pull the CWP program and then slice her budget to nothing
Gov. DeSantis can't do that. CWP is under Ag because of State Law. A legislator would have to submit a bill, have it assigned to Committee by the Senate President or Speaker of the House, have it pass three committees, then pass three readings in the floor and finally pass a floor vote. Then go through the same thing in the other Chamber.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Commissioner Nikki Fried Announces Major Reduction in Concealed Weapons License Review Times

Jul 19, 2019

Dade City, Fla. Today, Commissioner Nicole "Nikki" Fried and Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) officials announced a major reduction in review times for concealed weapons licenses in Florida. FDACS is the agency responsible for overseeing more than 2 million concealed weapons licenses in the state.

Speaking at the East Pasco Government Center, and joined by Pasco County Tax Collector Mike Fasano, Fried announced that initial review times had been reduced 70 percent for applications with prior arrests or prosecutions, from 88 days in January down to 25 days in July, and reduced 98 percent for applications without prior issues down from 50 days in January to just 1 day in July. The massive improvement in efficiency comes despite a 76 percent increase in applications for concealed weapons licenses in 2019, an average of nearly 20,000 applications per month.

"One of my most important responsibilities is overseeing Florida's 2 million concealed weapons permits. The serious failures of oversight by the previous administration required that we make major changes in the Division of Licensing and required that we get this process right," shared Commissioner Nikki Fried. "I vowed on day one that we would improve efficiency while ensuring that everyone who applies to carry concealed weapons gets the full background check required by law. I'm thankful to our county tax collectors, like Pasco County Tax Collector Mike Fasano, for making 70 offices across the state available for in-person applications. Their partnership has helped reduce application errors by 67 percent, making Florida's concealed weapons program more accountable, efficient, and responsible because lives and public safety are at stake."

Concealed Weapons Licenses Press Conference: See photos/video

Today's announcement culminated a 20-stop, seven-day tour around Florida, with stops in Panama City, Youngstown, Tallahassee, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Miami, Hollywood, Davie, Winter Park, Orlando, St. Petersburg, and Dade City. Fried highlighted various Department priorities at the stops, including food insecurity, aquaculture, access to nutrition, food safety, children's literacy, consumer protection, energy and climate change, and concealed weapons licensing.

Fried and Fasano were joined by Dade City Mayor Camille Hernandez, Dade City Commissioner Scott Black, and staff members for Congressman Gus Bilirakis. Fried also announced today's news on Twitter.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Waldo1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 pm The announcement today was just an update and a victory lap for decreasing the wait time for CWLs to be issued.

The safety of Floridians also extends to threat we all face from gun violence. The time to say nothing and do nothing has long since passed.

The failures in oversight of the licensing program are serious. That is why one of my top priorities is to adequately screen applicants for concealed weapons permits.

You have my word today here and now that when someone in Florida applies for a concealed weapons permit, they will receive the full and complete background check required by law.

This is an extraordinary responsibility, and one that prior failures have demonstrated belongs under the purview of law enforcement professionals.

Since taking office, we have reviewed the audit report and the negligence that led to a compromise of public safety. And in the coming weeks, I will be sharing with you updated rules and safeguards to protect against those failures occurring again.

In the past Deputy Commissioner Barzee Flores has made comments such as “The NRA won’t be able to buy me and I’ll make sure that Congress listens to the American people and mandates universal background checks, closes dangerous loopholes and reinstates the federal assault weapons ban.”

The last Agriculture Commissioner, Adam Putnam, had a problem resulting in 291 permits mistakenly issued to people who didn’t qualify. That’s out of 1.9 million total. Fried and state Democrats seized on the issue, campaigning heavily on the need to go over everyone’s record with a fine-tooth comb.

Never mind the fact that 291 out of 1.9 million is basically a rounding error. I have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning at the same time. But the error provided the perfect excuse and she is using it as her reason to push gun control from her new position.

Fried appears to be using regulatory stagnation in order to accomplish her goals. She’s turning a once smooth-running machine into a bureaucratic nightmare, making people jump through hoops in order to retain their right to keep and bear arms.

Elections have consequences.

Thank god, you never know though when a DEMOCRAT is dealing with anything gun related.

But still the words, more accountable has me wondering. What she says and what she actually means to me are two different things. A more thorough background review of applications and renewals.

Tells me that there will be less people approved and renewed for B.S. reasons. CWLs will become harder to be approved for. Because they will be denied for the smallest infractions u til you provide clarification/information on things that are stupid or ne er even happened in the first place.

This has already happened to some cwl holders having their license voided for misdemeanors or things that would not have had any impact on getting a CWL. For things that never happened at all.

Things that happened many many years ago. People who've had cwl for years from what I've read.

She will just wait till it's time for renewal to find a reason to not renew some people with a uh...more thorough background check. Looking for a reason to flag people.

A DEMOCRAT does not do anything good or to help the progun establishment. She has plans and even though she makes it sound great. Have any of you ever known any anti gun DEMOCRAT ever do anything to help gun owners. I most certainly have not

I'm sorry there has to be a catch in there some place in what she's doing.

During her campaign, she vowed to use her office to crack down on guns in every way possible.Since taking office, she has added some well-known anti-gun individuals to her staff. Folks like Fred Guttenberg and Mary Barzee Flores.

Fortunately she will be out of office before mine needs to be renewed.

Links to cases of effected people.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/it-be ... nightmare/

FLORES
https://concealedpatriot.net/2019/01/18 ... w-program/
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

Mine is up for renewal in March...fingers crossed nothing stupid happens before I can.