Due to spammers, the registration have been temporarily disabled. I will reopen them as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you want to create an account, please contact me.

New felony: ATF now forcing federal registration of popular short rifles

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 pm
Location: PALM BEACH

Re: New felony: ATF now forcing federal registration of popular short rifles

Post by N4KVE » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:26 am

Wakko wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 am
There is nothing illegal about shouldering a brace, providing it's still set up AS a brace. Don't take the strap off or make it adjustable. The ATF has ruled on this already.
If people keep writing the ATF asking about the legality of shouldering the brace, it will change again. Remember, the change in the OP was due to a letter. These things are a legal loophole, & people are not buying them because they have one arm. And since most gun ranges are private property, the owner can have any rule he wants, like not shouldering a brace on his property. GARY.

User avatar
Firemedic2000
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Tampa Bay

Post by Firemedic2000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:12 pm

I cant help but think that alot of anti gunners write atfe asking these stupid questions or complaining. Until they change the regulations.
RANGER AIRBORNE, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR, OATH KEEPER
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of destroying it

User avatar
Firemedic2000
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm
Location: Tampa Bay

Post by Firemedic2000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:15 pm

rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am
ranges are starting to enforce the inadvertent shouldering of the brace, do it once you get a warning, do it twice, pack yo shit and get out.

you ever cheek rested one and looked in the mirror :roll: ....yes thats me laughing AT you at the range :mrgreen:
You mean that even though atf said they cannot regulate how you hold your weapon. That ranges are taking it upon themselves to tell you how to hold you guns.

In that you cannot shoulder a brace even though atf does not really have a problem with it.

I have SBRs but come on. This is getting stupid.
RANGER AIRBORNE, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR, OATH KEEPER
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of destroying it

Greg
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Location: Clermont

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:32 am
ranges are starting to enforce the inadvertent shouldering of the brace, do it once you get a warning, do it twice, pack yo shit and get out.

you ever cheek rested one and looked in the mirror :roll: ....yes thats me laughing AT you at the range :mrgreen:
Yep if I go to a range doing this they would never get my business again
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009

N4KVE
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 pm
Location: PALM BEACH

Post by N4KVE » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm


Yep if I go to a range doing this they would never get my business again
I guess you’ve never been to Markham Park, & dealt with their range Nazi’s. What about ranges that only let you shoot ammo you purchased from them? What about ranges that don’t allow birdshot? What about ranges that only allow Americans to shoot there? What about ranges that don’t allow rapid fire? What about ranges that don’t allow steel cased ammo, only brass? Get my point? Many ranges have rules that we may not like. So how many ranges can you actually shoot at?

Greg
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Location: Clermont

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:43 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 pm
Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm


Yep if I go to a range doing this they would never get my business again
I guess you’ve never been to Markham Park, & dealt with their range Nazi’s. What about ranges that only let you shoot ammo you purchased from them? What about ranges that don’t allow birdshot? What about ranges that only allow Americans to shoot there? What about ranges that don’t allow rapid fire? What about ranges that don’t allow steel cased ammo, only brass? Get my point? Many ranges have rules that we may not like. So how many ranges can you actually shoot at?
I shoot at shoot Straight. Orlando Gun club and the rest I don’t need to waste my time w their useless rules
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009

User avatar
rentprop1
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:05 pm
Location: West Central FL

Post by rentprop1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 pm

Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Yep if I go to a range doing this they would never get my business again
ranges actually get endowment money from the NRA and they asked ranges to help enforce it

Greg
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Location: Clermont

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm

rentprop1 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 pm
Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Yep if I go to a range doing this they would never get my business again
ranges actually get endowment money from the NRA and they asked ranges to help enforce it
I didn’t know that. Thankfully I have an SBR already. Probably do one more for 2 total to cover anything in the future

Industry has fucked themselves though. All the pistol MP5 clones out, Kris vector pistols, etc. Owners are gonna want to shoot them normally st the range. When they learn they can’t anymore their gonna be pissed
Last edited by Greg on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009

User avatar
rentprop1
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:05 pm
Location: West Central FL

Post by rentprop1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm

I didn’t know that. Thankfully I have an SBR already
and probably a couple of braces too, since your such a fanboi :mrgreen:

Greg
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Location: Clermont

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm

rentprop1 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:55 pm
Greg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm

I didn’t know that. Thankfully I have an SBR already
and probably a couple of braces too, since your such a fanboi :mrgreen:
Haha yes you know me I have to have the finest. Pinky up as I say this. In all honesty the nfa process has never been easier to utilize and is totally worth it over time and to help avoid all this stupidity
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009

Post Reply