Top Gun Maverick Official Trailer (2020)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Wakko wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:37 am
FfNJGTFO wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 pm Wasn't Viper of that vintage and still flying?

What's interesting will be seeing Iceman as an Admiral (looks like I saw a few stars on that shirt)... As opposed ot Maverick's Eagles....
Iceman isn't in the trailer.
Go to 01:24 in the "Official Trailer." It shows the team in class standing up. Then, next, you see a Vice Admiral (3-star) walk by the row of parked jets. That Vice Admiral looks an awful lot like Val Kilmer does today, albeit more "buff" than he has been, recently..... No?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

IMDB lists Val Kilmer as part of the cast.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Val Kilmer wasn't in the trailer. This was done on purpose to keep a sense of suspense about how he's going to pop up in the movie.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Skoll wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:24 pm Val Kilmer wasn't in the trailer. This was done on purpose to keep a sense of suspense about how he's going to pop up in the movie.
OK, then who was the vice admiral in that jet scene.... or who was he supposed to be?
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

He's not even wearing the correct bone dome. Are we to think he just appeared thru time travel from 25 years ago?

Same old tired action movie old geiser plot. Dirty Harry with wings.
ab4ka

Post by ab4ka »

I'll have to see it. I remember seeing the original one day before I went to work (in 1986). I just hope we get to hear "Talk to me Goose" one more time :lol:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:43 pm
Skoll wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:24 pm Val Kilmer wasn't in the trailer. This was done on purpose to keep a sense of suspense about how he's going to pop up in the movie.
OK, then who was the vice admiral in that jet scene.... or who was he supposed to be?
I have no idea. I just know it wasn't Kilmer. The guy talking to Tom Cruise though is Ed Harris.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

That's Jon Hamm.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

A few years back they play Top Gun in the movie theater that was great. this one not so much F-18 kills it and he is 55 just seems too late for part two should have done it sooner.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

lakelandman wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:06 am A few years back they play Top Gun in the movie theater that was great. this one not so much F-18 kills it and he is 55 just seems too late for part two should have done it sooner.
They were planning to do it earlier, but Tony Scott's sudden death by suicide put a wrench in those works.... They were planning to have him (Scott) direct it again.