U.S. Coast Guard Storms Narco-Submarine In Huge Pacific Ocean Drug Bust

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

U.S. Coast Guard Storms Narco-Submarine In Huge Pacific Ocean Drug Bust

Post by lakelandman »

[youtube]qBq35ilprvg[/youtube]
U.S. Coast Guard released footage of Cutter Munro crew members storming a self-propelled semi-submersible suspected drug smuggling vessel (SPSS) on June 18, 2019. The vessel appeared to be carrying 17,690kg of cocaine and 423kg of marijuana, while operating in international waters of the Eastern Pacific Ocean. The total estimated worth of the seized drugs is $569 million. Five suspects were also detained inside the vehicle.

Self-propelled submersible vessels, also known as “narco-subs”, are used by cartels and traffickers to smuggle drugs across borders.

The June 18 operation was one of 14 drug-smuggling vessels intercepted off the coasts of Mexico, Central and South America by three Coast Guard cutters between May and July 2019.
https://southfront.org/watch-u-s-coast- ... drug-bust/
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Will the drug cartels run guns into the USA when the dems take over?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:57 am Will the drug cartels run guns into the USA when the dems take over?
Holder (or his replacement) will restart the Fast & Furious deal again sending guns to the Cartels... :roll:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Half a billion dollars? Those dudes on the sub are dead, and some folks that weren't will be too.
tector

Post by tector »

Wakko wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm Half a billion dollars? Those dudes on the sub are dead, and some folks that weren't will be too.
All Drug War numbers are bullshit.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

tector wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:11 am
Wakko wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 pm Half a billion dollars? Those dudes on the sub are dead, and some folks that weren't will be too.
All Drug War numbers are bullshit.
Yep, they always give full street value. That also probably represents 10% of cartel drug activity this month. 90% comes in, 10% gets grabbed, they view it as shrinkage.

It's the money going back that is really, really important. If we could effectively interdict that, the problem would solve itself. Doesn't matter how many kilos come in if nobody gets paid at the end of the day.

When all the people involved in "getting a cut" and "looking the other way" figure out they are working for less than 1% and if they worked together they could have it all, that is the day drugs stop coming into the US.

I'd rather see one semi trailer loaded with US currency seized than 10 semi's stopped bringing drugs in.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Awesome raid. I liked the way they just jumped on top of it. 8-) I don't care about the numbers, bureaucracy or POLITICS. But my hats off to the coastguard and the way they did that take down. They are doing what they are trained and hired to do. So I'm not busting on them for doing their job against a foreign invader basically.

Screw the POLITICIANS though.

I was about 10 miles out in the gulf years ago. I was hauling ass in my boat. Out of nowhere I hit something with the lower unit of the engine. Stopped and whatever it was. It was making a hugh V shaped wake and moving fast.

My hitting it did not even slow it down either. It made a metal on metal sound too. When I lifted up my engine to check it out. My lower unit was busted all to hell. Shattered in pieces. I had to radio for a tow to get back to the boat ramp.

Oh yeah this happened about 10 miles off from Sand Key South of Clearwater. Never did see what it was. But it was booking it right below the surface of the water and the wake was about a ft high. Did not see it though because I was not looking for it that far out. Was talking with the guys in the boat. I'll never forget that.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS