Shooting Me Some Iguanas!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:09 pm Iguana's eat bugs.

I'd rather do giant green lizards than giant brown roaches any day of the week. Let the Ig's run wild, they are also kinda cool.
Umm...no.

https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonn ... en-iguana/
From your link.

Juvenile green iguanas feed on vegetation, insects and tree snails.
From my link:

Green iguanas (Iguana iguana) are an invasive species in Florida and are not native to our state. They can cause considerable damage to infrastructure, including seawalls and sidewalks.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 am
From your link.

Juvenile green iguanas feed on vegetation, insects and tree snails.
From my link:

Green iguanas (Iguana iguana) are an invasive species in Florida and are not native to our state. They can cause considerable damage to infrastructure, including seawalls and sidewalks.
Again, just about everything in FL is an invasive species and they aren't nearly as destructive as African snails, boa constrictors or bufo toads. Wanna shoot something, go hunt african snails. They actually eat stucco off of buildings and homes.
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^and they are bigger than a breadbox...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

While on this topic, the wife got me into watching "Python Hunters" on Discovery. It a bunch of good ole' boys chasing pythons in the glades with a super hot blonde which is of course mandatory! Ok, you know the real reason I watch it now...

Funny thing is that the Discovery typical Libitardness is clearly present. They speak of respect for the snakes and wanting to treat them gently. WTF - they kill them, eat them, sell their organs to Chinese buyers after they collect the state bounty.

I would chop them into little bits using a Machete myself instead of fighting them and have them wrap around my neck and squeeze the sh1t out of me while I roll around in the swamp and have them bit the sh1t out of me while I bleed out like a pig. But then it would not be much of a show I guess.

Ok, I'd admit it, no Machete for me - I would use a shot gun to dispatch them if there were no wildlife officers...

I got to admit I would not not last two seconds walking through those Mangroves bare footed! :oops:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
chester field

Post by chester field »

tector wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm Well, here's a timely news story....

South Florida Iguana Hunter Misses Target, Shoots Pool Boy
[url]https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Sou ... oHub=y[url]
Maybe the pool boy was dippin' in more than the pool...
Common Sense... so rare it's like a super power
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Waldo1 wrote:
flcracker wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:43 pm Holy crap. $1350-$1750 for an airgun. To shoot lizards. :shock:
You can get an Umarex Gauntlet in .22 or.25 for $300. A nice, quiet, powerful PCP and accurate as hell.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_G ... /4311#8328

Another $300 gets you a Hill hand pump that goes up to 4500 psi. It'll turn a boy into a man and a man into an old man.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Vent ... 0_PSI/5501
Thanks a lot, Waldo...as if I already didn’t need to add to my wish list!
Christmas is just around the corner.