Apollo 11 - Real American Heroes - MUST SEE

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Apollo 11 - Real American Heroes - MUST SEE

Post by Flame Red »

I cannot believe I am writing this but I must report that the Libitards at CNN produced a supurb unbiased history of the Apollo 11 flight without any Libiturd fake news biases! They did a fantastic job of enhancing all the historical films and upscaled them to HD. Wonderful!

This is a must see since the 50th anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks.

There are no Libiturd actors, the stars are Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin - no filters. No commentary except from the real people themselves from a historical film. This is a must see.

Yes, the American Flag on the Moon was prominent.

If you have Netflix, I highly recommend seeing this. You will NOT be disappointed! I was 12 years old at the time and featured stuff I did not remember watching it live on a 12" B&W TV which is all we had.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8760684/

Someone at CNN will be fired for letting this out!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

It was 4th or 5th grade and I can remember the teacher bringing a T.V. in on one of the tall TV trays so we could watch.Damn,I'm old 8-)
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
gforester

Post by gforester »

It was 4th or 5th grade and I can remember the teacher bringing a T.V. in on one of the tall TV trays so we could watch.Damn,I'm old
How did that happen? The moon landing was on July 20th late at night.

I was in high school at the time. I remember another family came over to our place to watch it live on TV. All 8 of us sat in the family room and stayed up all night and into the wee hours of the morning so we could see the first steps on the moon. It's a night I will never forget.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I didn't say what landing or operation,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

gforester wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:48 pm
It was 4th or 5th grade and I can remember the teacher bringing a T.V. in on one of the tall TV trays so we could watch.Damn,I'm old
How did that happen? The moon landing was on July 20th late at night.

I was in high school at the time. I remember another family came over to our place to watch it live on TV. All 8 of us sat in the family room and stayed up all night and into the wee hours of the morning so we could see the first steps on the moon. It's a night I will never forget.
It was evening for me as well... certainly after dark (8-9:30p ET). Because my father was driving us home after an outing, and we had it on the radio in the car. And the moment Armstrong stepped off the LEM (i.e. "That's One small step for man...") the town we were driving through set off their fire siren. Why? I dunno... but they did. :?:
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I was 6 at the time. There were no tv where I lived. I learned about it next day when the news paper was delivered to the local store.

I thought it was fake news :lol: J/k
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

To me, it was another movie was hoping to learn more about Apollo 11.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

My folks got us all out of bed to watch the historic event I had just turned 14 a couple of weeks before the launch.
Who filmed Armstrong descending the ladder of the LEM?
:roll:
I watched a good show on Armstrong on NOVA last night. Fame didn't set well on his shoulders.
Last edited by P5 Guy on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am Who filmed Armstrong defending the ladder of the LEM?
Yeah, he did a great job "defending" that ladder... 😂

From the Google:

https://www.quora.com/How-did-a-camera- ... the-ladder
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 am
P5 Guy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am Who filmed Armstrong defending the ladder of the LEM?
Yeah, he did a great job "defending" that ladder... 😂

From the Google:

https://www.quora.com/How-did-a-camera- ... the-ladder
Well, to answer your question, I believe it was a fixed camera. They had them for such things as filming the landing, etc.