Your Papers, Please...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Your Papers, Please...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Can you imagine...? :roll:

DA to Investigate New York Homeowner Who it Says Shot, Killed 2 Would-be Burglars

By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

The Oneida County District Attorney is investigating a 64-year-old homeowner in New York who it says shot and killed two people, thought to be burglars, with an unregistered gun on Tuesday.

Ronald A. Stolarczyk was arrested and charged with felony possession of an illegal handgun. Authorities say he shot Patricia Anne Talerico, 57, and Nicholas A. Talerico, 27, in the garage of his home, according to New York State Police.

Stoalrczyk told DA Scott McNamara that the gun was his father’s, and that he'd forgotten to register it. If it is determined that the gun was loaded and in the home with the homeowner present, the charge could be reduced to a lower-level felony.

In Oneida County, troopers say Deerfield homeowner Ronald Stolarczyk interrupted a burglary & shot two suspects with an illegally-owned handgun. Nicholas & Patricia Anne Talerico died. Stolarczyk is charged with Criminal Possession of a Firearm.

The DA and police authorities continue to investigate the scene and surrounding houses, looking for any surveillance footage of the encounter.

In addition, law enforcement hopes to determine the motive of the two who were shot; the homeowner did not indicate that he knew them.

New York State Police told CNY Central News that it found stolen items "belonging to Stolarczyk in Nicholas Talerico’s residence along with other possible stolen items," indicating this may not have been the first time the pair had been at the home.

"There is no indication the homeowner had money or drugs,'' McNamara told Syracuse.com.

Patricia died on the scene; her nephew Nicholas convinced a neighbor to drive him to the hospital after he was shot, and was pronounced dead upon his arrival.

Stoalrczyk was arraigned at Utica City Court on Wednesday.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:00 pm Can you imagine...? :roll:

Stoalrczyk told DA Scott McNamara that the gun was his father’s, and that he'd forgotten to register it.

The most frightening words in whole article for me is "he'd forgotten to register it."
TACC

Post by TACC »

Flat out NY bullcrap, registering is only needed on communist states.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Stoalrczyk told DA Scott McNamara that the gun was his father’s, and that he'd forgotten to register it.

The most frightening words in whole article for me is "he'd forgotten to register it."
So wouldn’t the gun be registered to the father? GARY
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

N4KVE wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:34 pm
Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm

So wouldn’t the gun be registered to the father? GARY
And, it it were willed to him, wouldn't that be covered in the will? I know, for example even in the PRNJ, if you are willed a gun (especially a hand gun), you do not need a "permit to purchase" form submitted. The will covers that. And, since a will is "public record," The "authorities" will know where it is (or should be).
TACC

Post by TACC »

Not in NY now, even if it is willed to him, he must now register it under his own personal pistol permit

Just another way they devised to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

patw

Post by patw »

NY is so screwed up.
gforester

Post by gforester »

Makes you just want to move to New York doesn't it?
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

gforester wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:54 pm Makes you just want to move to New York doesn't it?
Nope. Never.

And I wish they would stop moving down here. I don't mind if they come, just stop with wanting to make it more "like home" is.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Registered aside, two less drug addicts walking around. Aunt and nephew. Bet that families tree don't fork.