Inconsiderate Neighbor & a COP/DOC

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
copdoc

Post by copdoc »

Be advised, this neighbor It is not the "copdoc" :(
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Buy yourself some traffic cones and put them out, when you sense a party coming on.
That, or go knock on his door and talk to him. He could be totally oblivious to the parking situation.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Mail them an Anonymous letter that states you're going to dump a 10 lb box of roofing nails in their driveway the next time they are inconsiderate and sign it ....your local Neighbors.
Or
Round up ice cubes and a slingshot
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Nah...no warning shot. Roofing nails asap, thrown randomly (e.g. non-party nights, weeknights, etc.).
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:17 am
SteyrAUG wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:55 amYou are already on the wrong side. They don't respect you as a neighbor and don't GAF about you as a person. Next time they block your driveway, drive through their lawn to get out.
They have no respect for the neighborhood, my property is on the other side of the alley and one lot away so driving on their property is impossible. And they are employed by the thin blue line crew. One of the most vindictive gangs in Pinellas County.
Yeah, it's not just you. They don't care. I was pretty much trying to just say it's an "all or nothing" proposition. Sometimes a dramatic example can make a point, but sometimes you can't win no matter what you do.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Skoll wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm The implication is his neighbor can probably make life very difficult for him if he so chose. I didn't know that would have to be explained.
That could be the case, but if the OP hasn't even approached him and asked for voluntary compliance, why would he think that the dude would become vindictive? Those of you suggesting a complaint to internal affairs: do you even know how that process works? It's the last avenue you want to take unless your hands are tied. It's hitting a mosquito with a hammer at this point. Wait til it escalates, and have your ducks in a row.

Man up and go talk to him. If he tells you to pound sand, THEN explore other options. Put the cones out, or those little reflectors on a stick. INSTALL CAMERAS (preferably inconspicious, so if cop dude does a POS manuever he doesn't realize it's on camera). Arlo cameras are completely wireless, motion activated, and effective. They ain't cheap though.

A war with a neighbor, cop or not, is the last thing you want to be involved in. BOTH of you can make each other's lives hellish. I doubt he wants a war with you either.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

If the the first posts the OP said that he was brushed off by the neighbors.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Legio wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:38 am In one of the first posts the OP said that he was brushed off by the neighbors.
Not everyone has time to read the posts. :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Wakko wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:37 am
Skoll wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm The implication is his neighbor can probably make life very difficult for him if he so chose. I didn't know that would have to be explained.
That could be the case, but if the OP hasn't even approached him and asked for voluntary compliance, why would he think that the dude would become vindictive? Those of you suggesting a complaint to internal affairs: do you even know how that process works? It's the last avenue you want to take unless your hands are tied. It's hitting a mosquito with a hammer at this point. Wait til it escalates, and have your ducks in a row.

Man up and go talk to him. If he tells you to pound sand, THEN explore other options. Put the cones out, or those little reflectors on a stick. INSTALL CAMERAS (preferably inconspicious, so if cop dude does a POS manuever he doesn't realize it's on camera). Arlo cameras are completely wireless, motion activated, and effective. They ain't cheap though.

A war with a neighbor, cop or not, is the last thing you want to be involved in. BOTH of you can make each other's lives hellish. I doubt he wants a war with you either.
Hey man, I just spectate most of these things. My philosophy is to involve The Man in my life as little as possible.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Yes, I have talked to them, there have been as many as four living there. The female that parked blocking my drive moved when asked but gave the lame excuse she thought she pulled far enough away. Since she and any passengers would have had to walk PAST my driveway and not noticed where the car was they must have been pretty drunk. It was 4:30AM according to the folks across the street from me who have more cameras the NBC news.

Last thing I want to do is aggravate anyone, especially ones with guns, badges, and court orders to confiscate.