DNA

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

DNA

Post by Firemedic2000 »

My sister is big into this geology stuff. She sent me one of those test. I did it and it. Have not got results yet.

But she let me log on to her site. I always knew some of our history. But found out some interesting stuff.

I knew my great grandmother she married a Blankenship and her maiden name was Bunch. She use to chase me with a switch trying to catch me. Lol Oh by the way most of my family is from KY, TN, WV ect...anyways in KY they live mostly in Eastern Kentucky around Hazzard, Pikeville, Greensburg out in the mountains in the old days. I remember alot of good times in the hills of Kentucky growing up as a kid.

But found out my great great great great grandfather was John McCoy in Pikeville KY. along with a hugh list of other McCoys alive and dead lol. Kinda always knew this.

But the really mean ones in the family were not the McCoys it has always been the Bunch clan. They are just plain mean and would not hesitate to bury you. I knew this part of the family really well. If you were family you were safe. But if you screwed with family in a really bad way. Your best option was to move as far away as possible.

Yes I had uncles, cousins ect... with names up there like TRIGGER he is a really great uncle. You do not mess with family. He was shot at point blank range with 12 gauge to the chest. He survived. What saved him was he threw both hands up and he lost several fingers. But the man who shot him disappeared and was never found after the family found him :roll: thats all I'll say about that.

But it's kinda like next of kin. You do not mess with family. Oh and they really really hate DEMOCRATS in that part of Kentucky to. I remember as a kid a few gun fights with DEMOCRATS being shot at. :lol:

But over the years everything has calmed down quite abit. Except for the Bunch clan. They are still crazy as ever and I would not go near them and I'm family. They use to sell shine. But from what I've heard some branched out into illegal drugs big time. That has made them paranoid. Even with family now.

A country girl will just blow your mind. Even the older ladies. No I never messed with 1st ,2nd and 3rd cousins. That was frowned up on and you'd get your ass beat not whipped.

Though I may have been tempted with a few 4th and 5th cousins. Hey I was a teenager and man they were F'ing hot. :twisted:

But when ever I visit it brings back so many great memories. I stripped and hauled tobacco to the barn during the summer months on my aunt's tobacco farm in Greensburg. 200 acres of prime Kentucky tobacco.

I sometimes really miss home.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
photohause

Post by photohause »

Interesting.
Hazard is some rough country-not a place you can just visit.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I signed up for a one week trial (full access) subscription on newspapers.com. Obtained some interesting articles on my family, both dead and alive. I spent hours reading old articles. Just remember to cancel before the week is up.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

how does that saying go

23 and me, till you find out your 5% African, and then you go buy a rope and find a tall tree. :mrgreen:
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

I'd put very little stock in that "5% african" result given that the ((CEO))) of 23 & Me is the sister of Youtube's (((CEO)))... :mrgreen:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I've heard from a lot of people that those DNA ancestry things are mostly bullshit and they lie to people.

Not to mention you're handing over all your biometric data to a third party that has zero obligation to you whatsoever.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

3.48% Neanderthal. :lol:

On the grimmer side, a 25% chance of getting Alzheimer's. Wish I never sent them my spit, even if it was free.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I did that DNA test and came back I’m 80% human and 20% horse....and Rent knows it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

I’d have to go find the link, but at least one of the companies doing testing voluntarily handed over the DNA records of users to .gov. That’s a hard pass from me. If they want my DNA, I’ll make them sort through the trash.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm I did that DNA test and came back I’m 80% human and 20% horse....and Rent knows it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only I know which one of your mom's had sex with that horse